cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

TerriMyshrall
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do these people get to take money out of my bank account when I have never agreed to pre authorization to any payments?

so I paid my bill with a debit tip up like I always do

on Wednesday then last night I see public mobile took a different amount out of my bank account I don’t get how they can just take money ?

not impressed!

9 REPLIES 9

@TerriMyshrall 

since your account just renewed there is a new plan $40/15gb I suggest scheduling a plan change for your next renewal date. don't select 'change plan now'. 

So you don't see a balance in your account here over what you put it? You don't see the payment in your payment history here?

Do you have a family member maybe using your card?

TerriMyshrall

We are contacting the bank in the morning 

TerriMyshrall

Hi. I checked and auto renewal is disabled on my account I was advised to contact my bank as pm says it was not them

Are you sure about that renewal date? You're aware it's 30 days here? Not monthly? Do you see the $46 or $47 in your balance?

Did you sign up an account after mid-July? If so then auto payment is automatically turned on.

TerriMyshrall

I used my visa debit to pay every month manually ( top up)

on Wednesday November 3rd I topped up as my payment was due on Thursday they took the money out of my account the amount was 52.90 as my payment is 50$ plus tax but have perks each month

then last night Saturday they automatically took a payment of 54.05 came out as public mobile 

my account does not have auto payment set up

t

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TerriMyshrall 

If you have been a PM customer since 2019. Login your account and check if AutoPay is disabled.

You might want to check with bank to see if it was PM charges.

What plan are you on and how much was charged?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure it is really Public Mobile and not a fraudulent transaction?

Do you have your card registered with PM? Without autopay set up PM cannot charge your card.

What kind of debit do you use? Only 'VISA/MC debit' can be used to pay the bill.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@TerriMyshrall 

Unless you have signed up for automatic payment, Public Mobile cannot take money from a payment card. Login to your cell service account and click on the payment tab to see what you have set up.

Is it also possible you're seeing the amount on your payment card differs from the amount of the plan.

Remember that taxes are always extra to the plan amount.

Make sure the  "extra amount"  is displaying under your available funds. It will be used as a credit toward your next payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.