cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Ichola1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recommended someone whose billing cycle should begin on July 11, 2023. I used my credit card to purchase the SIM card. The person is supposed to receive their bill in their account and pay with their debit card. Now Public Mobile instead of sending the bill directly to the person's account, charges the person's consumption to my credit card. I would like Public Mobile to return the invoices to the person and reimburse me for anything charged to my credit card for the consumption of the person I referred.

13 REPLIES 13

@hTideGnow, @Handy1 - Yeah I think I'm with Handy1 on this one. And you regarding being friends. No chargebacks.

hi @Handy1 honest I don't think OP and his friend are friends anymore.  

And with the charge back, as long as the date for his friend renewal is different and hopefully the amount is different as well, I think it is safety do such charge back 

There is really no way to remove the card unless his friend helps. Even the trick to temporarily suspend the credit card won't work as his friend can always login and make a manual payment since the card is still saved on the account

@Ichola1  I wouldn’t do a charge back if you have your own phone with PM which I suspect you do and that  will cause you issues with your account . Instead I would just get a new card and update your own account 

hi @Ichola1 Agent won't help as that is not your account.  Is that a good friend? if he is  , ask him. back for the money  If not, ask the bank to charge back but your friend will have no service right a way, maybe you won't be able to even call him after 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ichola1  Worst case you can always ask your bank for a new credit card . If support won’t help and the friend avoids you on the matter . Then you card won’t be charged anymore at least . Pain in the butt because then you have to update credit card on all other services you pay for . But peace of mind 

Did you buy a sim through the link at the bottom of this page called Pick up a sim card and then scrolled down to the lower right to Looking for a replacement sim card and buy a sim card? (adding - or Purchase sim card in the middle left)
Or did you start in to the sign up process and buy a sim through that method?

If the latter then that has registered your credit card to that account. The account login credentials would be needed to change out your card for another one. This is all self serve.

@Ichola1 the sim card purchase is a  completely different system from My Account, unless he bought sim card in his My Account and asked you to enter the credit card there. 

And Support will only help the account owner to remove the card, which will be your friendl. You really need to discuss with your friend and sort out the situation, ask him to update the card on his My Account or have him to open the ticket with support to remove the card

Ichola1

I never registered my credit card for the payement of the person I recomanded. I just used my credit card for paying the SIM. I want to confirm that ife my credit card was registered for that it is an error. I want Public Mobile remove my credit card from the acount of the person I recomanded.

@Ichola1 

when you activated, there was a term that has to agree for PM to continue to use the card for Autopay 

if you reverse the charge from the credit card side, your friend will loss his service immediately and will have trouble to resume service, he will need to use vouchers for 12 months before able to use credit card on the account again

Ichola1

If the person does not update his payement method, do think that it is normal that Public Mobile use my credit card for the payement. I rever autorized this. 

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ichola1 PM is a prepaid service, so there is no invoice issued to pay.  The account holder only receives a receipt after payment is received.  The person you referred will need to update the payment method/card.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

??? There has never been an invoice sent to someone else to pay. Did you buy the sim logged in to that account? Then you registered your card onto that account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ichola1  If your credit card was used to activate the sim then it’s your credit card that’s automatically subscribed to auto pay . You will need to ask support to remove the credit card on file . Or get you referred friend to update payment changes in their account 

Update credit card info

In your my account go payment tab >manage subscription >manage payment method or use this link

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/my-payment/manage-subscription

link to support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.