cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment voucher disappeared on activation

Unicorpse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  1. while trying to activate my account I used a 25$ prepaid voucher from the store. On the next step i had issues porting an old number, the site glitched out I gave up trying to figure it out.

the next day i was able to sign in with my email but the voucher hadn't been added to my account it just vanished i tried to re submit the voucher number but it no longer was available to use ... where my money go

11 REPLIES 11

Unicorpse

I checked it didn't show up.  Tho I tried reading the card and it wouldn't accept it ...it makes no sense to me

@Unicorpse wrote:

Apologies maybe you misunderstood me ill break it down better

1. Purchased 25$ voucher from 711

2. Attempt activation online

3. Entered email address & verified

4. Add voucher pin  thinking the $25 card will get a $25 plan...but the total becomes 27 something so I pick the 15$ plan planning to upgrade it with my debit right after I'm done set up

5. Confirms and says the additional $9 will be added to my account. 

6. Pick or port number....I try to port my old number unsuccessfully. The process gets frozen unfinished

7 . I give up for the night

8. Sign into my account the next day it works but says Ihave no service i need to add money to my account to have service 

9.Try the voucher over and over but its denied 

10. Add 15 from my card just so its activated and pick a new number instead of doing the port because that's where the issue obviously began.  

Still have not figured out where my voucher got lost during the first activation attempt.

@Unicorpse 

Have you checked your self-serve Transaction history to confirm if the voucher has been processed correctly?

Post a screenshot if you can, that would help understand what happened to the payments.

Edit: If your new PM phone number is now working properly, you can still port your old number in self-serve, provided your account with the old provider is still active.

Unicorpse

Apologies maybe you misunderstood me ill break it down better

1. Purchased 25$ voucher from 711

2. Attempt activation online

3. Entered email address & verified

4. Add voucher pin  thinking the $25 card will get a $25 plan...but the total becomes 27 something so I pick the 15$ plan planning to upgrade it with my debit right after I'm done set up

5. Confirms and says the additional $9 will be added to my account. 

6. Pick or port number....I try to port my old number unsuccessfully. The process gets frozen unfinished

7 . I give up for the night

8. Sign into my account the next day it works but says Ihave no service i need to add money to my account to have service 

9.Try the voucher over and over but its denied 

10. Add 15 from my card just so its activated and pick a new number instead of doing the port because that's where the issue obviously began.  

Still have not figured out where my voucher got lost during the first activation attempt.

@Unicorpse Tax isn't a factor. Your account doesn't show taxes and taxes were already paid on top of the amount paid to your account. You don't add tax again to pay for the plan.

Unicorpse

Negative i only had a 25$ voucher and I had no service until I put a s second amount on with my debit card.  25 isn't enough with tax ect. So I had to briefly get a lower plan there was still $9 from that voucher left that should have posted to the account.. but again there was $0

Unicorpse

Nope I ended up using my debit card to add a second amount because the account was still 0$ even the payment history dosn't show it.  I tried too many times after the fact to put the pin for the voucher in but it had already been processed the first time I tried activating .... I'm just not sure where it went??

Unicorpse

Thank you for your answer. 

I have used public mobile in the past I've done the activation process before so I'm aware of the process.  The $25 plan also did not post to my account it read $0 add money and choose a plan once I got into my account 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Unicorpse 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $$ has the amount left,

Accepted payments for activation (publicmobile.ca)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Unicorpse 

Are you suggesting the voucher payment was in excess of the amount required to activate the account?

When you activate service with Public Mobile, you pre-pay for your first 30-days of service.

If you have service, then the voucher payment did what it was supposed to do to enable activation of service.

Welcome to Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Unicorpse 

* some vouchers take 24 hours to activate,

you can call 1 855 4PUBLIC and add your voucher PIN
or call *611

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

You will usually find it at the top or bottom of the receipt. To top up your account with a voucher, log into your  Self-Serve, account, click on the "Payment" tab, then "One-time payment". In the form that appears on the next page, click on "Payment voucher" as the payment method, enter the voucher code below, then click "Submit".

if you can't fix it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Unicorpse Are you saying that you used the $25 voucher during activation? If yes, then it must've been used to activate your $25 plan? PM is a prepaid service so you pay upfront. Review your payment history in the self-serve account and it might tell you what happened. 

Need Help? Let's chat.