cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment through PayPal Xoom

susanmiller2188
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid on my account through Xoom/PayPal on Aug 16 but they sent the money to Telus.   How do I get in credited to Public Mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

akkerala
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Better buy payment vouchers and reload by calling *611 rather than paying through paypal/xoom etc.

To dispute/revert the charges on paypal, follow these steps:

Log into your paypal account, and click the “Activity” button on the top menu. You'll see a list of transactions, which you can narrow by date or type if necessary. If it's possible to cancel the transaction, you'll see a “Cancel” link next to it. Just click the link, and click “Cancel Payment” in the confirmation window.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@susanmiller2188 PayPal/Xoom's mobile reload system is pretty crap. Basically, whatever carrier first owned the phone number is what they detect. Their system doesn't know about where the number is right now. As soon as you entered the number, you should've seen Telus. You will have to contact PayPal about this. The balance reload transaction should fail since that number doesn't exist at Telus anymore. If it doesn't that's even crappier system. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Xoom doesn't distinguish the difference. They think they sell Public but they give Telus codes and instructions. Xoom will refund your money. They did for me once upon a time. Buy vouchers elsewhere.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@susanmiller2188  Although Telus owns PM, they payment system are different.  The paymet you sent to Telus cannot be used here.

You might want to check with Paypal to see if it can reverse the transaction (but I doubt it)

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@susanmiller2188 

contact to PayPal Xoom get your refund,

purchase vouchers from any stations or Shell,

then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #,

Official list of retailers location sell:  vouchers

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can't pay PM bills on PayPal or Xoom. Voucher, Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit, and credit card only.

Need Help? Let's chat.