cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issues, unable to process transaction

nic_man
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey there, I've made several attempts with my credit card to pay off my outstanding balance (The same card I have always used, that was already on autopay and had worked previously) but for some reason every time I try to pay I get the error "Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged." This doesn't appear to be a declining of my card so I'm a bit confused why this won't work. Appreciate the help!

35 REPLIES 35

nic_man

I think PM is the only carrier out there that I'd trust to pay in advance because I know they would never charge any unexpected fees (Unlike a lot of experiences I've had with others)

@nic_man wrote:

Hmm I never actually considered just doing a payment 3x the amount I needed every 90 days and letting the rest sit in my account, it makes a lot more sense honestly!

Kinda funny, isn't it, how the simplest of ideas never cross our minds, until someone else points out the semi-obvious to us!? 😉  And BTW, it didn't cross my mind either..... 🙄 

nic_man

Hmm I never actually considered just doing a payment 3x the amount I needed every 90 days and letting the rest sit in my account, it makes a lot more sense honestly! I'm relocating to BC in a couple months so I think I'll actually get one of the newer plans when I move, potentially with even more data too

@CannonFodder wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@nic_man wrote:

Honestly it didn't seem like a bad deal, and LTE is definitely not a dealbreaker for me or anything (Although to be honest I'm, in fairly rural ontario communities a lot where my speed is already pretty slow) but the big thing for me is 90 day payment, it takes a lot of stress away having one less monthly payment (I wish everything could be paid like this)

As I said, personal preference and needs. As long as it's right for you, all is good.

The reason that I'm jumping in with this kind of stuff is that there are just so many long term customers coming to the community that could save another chunk of money if they switched to a newer plan.

I think someone recently mentioned that they were still on the $81/90day plan, which was provincial talk and international text only. Nowadays you get 1GB LTE light, Canada wide talk and international text for $25/30days... Or for someone who doesn't do a lot of outgoing calls, the 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited texts (and 250MB data if on autopay) for $15/30days is even better value (buy the $5/500minutes add-on as needed)

EXACTLY!!!

@nic_man, as has been mentioned here, there ARE ways of getting pretty much most, if not more, of what you already have, AND you can save money while doing so, so a wee bit of time shopping around the site MIGHT be beneficial...... up to you.

Oh, and @wetcoaster , I fixed your typo. 😉 

Thanks, my writing skills are not up to scratch today, by the looks of it...

But I'm not sure what you have against junk money, as long as it's real? LOL

@wetcoaster wrote:

@nic_man wrote:

Honestly it didn't seem like a bad deal, and LTE is definitely not a dealbreaker for me or anything (Although to be honest I'm, in fairly rural ontario communities a lot where my speed is already pretty slow) but the big thing for me is 90 day payment, it takes a lot of stress away having one less monthly payment (I wish everything could be paid like this)

As I said, personal preference and needs. As long as it's right for you, all is good.

The reason that I'm jumping in with this kind of stuff is that there are just so many long term customers coming to the community that could save another chunk of money if they switched to a newer plan.

I think someone recently mentioned that they were still on the $81/90day plan, which was provincial talk and international text only. Nowadays you get 1GB LTE light, Canada wide talk and international text for $25/30days... Or for someone who doesn't do a lot of outgoing calls, the 100 outgoing minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited texts (and 250MB data if on autopay) for $15/30days is even better value (buy the $5/500minutes add-on as needed)

EXACTLY!!!

@nic_man, as has been mentioned here, there ARE ways of getting pretty much most, if not more, of what you already have, AND you can save money while doing so, so a wee bit of time shopping around the site MIGHT be beneficial...... up to you.

Oh, and @wetcoaster , I fixed your typo. 😉 

@nic_man wrote:

@nic_man On this issue, PM is happy accept pre-payment in any amount; even a years worth. Robot LOL

So, you could go to any 30 day plan and make 1 time payments every 90 days. The money would rest in Available Funds and be drawn every 30 days. You'd still get the autopay credit as long as it's activated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@nic_man wrote:

@nic_man wrote:

I just submitted a ticket but is 48 hours really a normal wait window? I've already missed a day's worth of business calls that were critically important..

@nic_man Even though your issue has been resolved, just wanted to add that I have given some thought to the issue of service disruptions and have concluded a residential phone service, cellular or landline, alone is not a good solution if you cannot tolerate several days without service. A business voip service seems to offer the best balance of dependability and price BUT I am not an expert just an interested bystander on business service.

Some reading for you:

VOIP: https://top5voipproviders.com/ca/   and https://www.gonevoip.ca/

STILL WANT PM for the price: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

nic_man

@nic_man wrote:

Sorry I should have replied earlier, but the mod team was super fast and already solved unblocked my card. I think I get a pretty good value for what I pay on my 90 day plan, I get 18GB of data and unlimited canada-wide calling, for 150

@nic_man 

It obviously boils down to your personal preference and needs, but what @LovesToPM was trying to figure out was if the "new" $50 plan would be better value. The thing you would give up is full LTE speed.

Screenshot_2020-01-28 $50 for GB data at 3G speed(1).png

(There is also the $40/5GB version, excludes calling to the US)

From personal experience, LTE light / throttled LTE (aka "3G speed") is perfectly fine for anything short of HD streaming or extensive online gaming. Some people force their phone onto a real 3G connection to get faster speeds for uploading large files.

If you want to try an LTE light plan to make an informed decision, you could make a new temporary account (don't forget the referral from your main account!), wait a week or so to be sure that you are actually on throttled speed, and do everything you would normally do on your phone. You can then decide if you want to future date a plan change to one of the in-market plans in your main account.

Thanks for the update @nic_man . Glad that we could help you.  Please choose the answer that helped you as the solution.

@nic_man wrote:

Sorry I should have replied earlier, but the mod team was super fast and already solved unblocked my card. I think I get a pretty good value for what I pay on my 90 day plan, I get 18GB of data and unlimited canada-wide calling, for 150

nic_man

@nic_man  Mind if I ask which plan you currently have?

The only reason I am asking is because the newer plans offered currently may give better overall value. Even though data is throttled at 3Mbps, you may not notice any difference depending on what your needs are. Please have a look at the current plans being offered: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

nic_man

Well I could, but it would still be another $20 in tax plus activation fee so 174 ish when my account balance is 141 (I have a 9 dollar balance), I'll be totally honest with you spending another 35 dollars at this point that wasn't planned for is way too much.. Unless I don't eat almost anything next week.

@LovesToPM , @nic_man 

I never had much success with vouchers. I bought $150 worth from Canadian Tire (I was on a 90-day plan when I first started), but the phone gift-card company, not Canadian Tire said the card doesn't get activated until 24 hours. It was actually 72 hours. Imagine the gut-wrenching of having $150 burned in thin air?!

Have a read on vouchers before buying vouchers. Maybe, it's a random issue on my end. Now, it's a credit card. 

jsmarjara

Check with your Credit card Company. Some time fraud Detection department can block transactions. 

Can you buy a pre-paid credit card sold in the grocery stores? It a small amount for the month, at least you can have a phone that is active versus inactive for 48 hours. 

@nic_man wrote:

Yes, and I would temporarily switch to a 30 day plan to pay my account off but they don't offer the 90 day plan I have on PM anymore

Yes I agree. Don't do that. You won't be able to switch back via self-serve account.

The lock out is a safe guard against possible fraud, but it has been known to cause headaches.

nic_man

I definitely would, but I no longer have the money in that account since I transferred it into my credit card (The card that is now blocked)

nic_man

Yes, and I would temporarily switch to a 30 day plan to pay my account off but they don't offer the 90 day plan I have on PM anymore

@nic_man wrote:

I don't I got a response from a moderator and it seems like its going to be another 24 to 48 hours... I don't have another card to try as public mobile has never accepted my visa/debit for some reason. Additionally I have a $150 plan so I'm still going to end up getting gouged by tax that I honestly can't afford either

I find it really weird that PM would lock a card out of my account that was already on file

If it's a VIsa Debit card, it can't hurt to try it now.

PM accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S.

nic_man

I don't I got a response from a moderator and it seems like its going to be another 24 to 48 hours... I don't have another card to try as public mobile has never accepted my visa/debit for some reason. Additionally I have a $150 plan so I'm still going to end up getting gouged by tax that I honestly can't afford either

I find it really weird that PM would lock a card out of my account that was already on file

@nic_man wrote:

No I live in a house, the card was already on my account for autopay (Although I did remove it to try and re-enter the info and it now won't add the card) and the information is definitely correct

You are likely locked out. Do you have another card you could try?

While waiting for Moderator response, you can get a payment voucher to top-up your account and reactivate your phone service: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/retail-faqs

Have you tried clearing the simple things such as the cookies and cache in your browser? I doubt that work, but it's worth a shot. Do the simple things on your end to make sure. Who knows. 

As well, did you do a search on the community? Try this, and click on the solution?

@nic_man are you on a 90 day plan?

@nic_man wrote:

I'll keep that as a backup if the moderator team isn't able to get back to me, as getting 150 in recharge comes with a fair amount of fees

nic_man

I'll keep that as a backup if the moderator team isn't able to get back to me, as getting 150 in recharge comes with a fair amount of fees

nic_man

No I live in a house, the card was already on my account for autopay (Although I did remove it to try and re-enter the info and it now won't add the card) and the information is definitely correct

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I just realized something, Do you live in a condo? Townhouse? Apartment? Suite? If so, I think I know why.

Please read this, this was my issue when I first started, it's the suite number that screwed me up. Once I fixed that, my payment went through.

If you are unable to get a voucher in store, you can get one online here and add it to your account . There is a small charge. https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up?aid=125&gclid=CjwKCAiA1L_xBRA2EiwAgcLKA4GnR2...

@nic_man wrote:

I just submitted a ticket but is 48 hours really a normal wait window? I've already missed a day's worth of business calls that were critically important..

@nic_man I tried the chatbot, it's okay.

The moderator team may be back-up with the log. Typically, they are pretty good and the oracles and the community have been good. The moderator is your best bet. 

If you go back to the Community page, and scroll to the bottom of the page, you would see which moderators are working online. They may be fielding tickets at the time, and I guess, you could follow-up with them there. But, if your ticket is in the queue, they should be able to locate it then. (again, am not sure if this is a wise choice but I also understand your predicament being a business!)

Need Help? Let's chat.