cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment failed

Danyar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep on getting 'Payment Failed! Please try again or use a different payment method.' when I click proceed to payment.

17 REPLIES 17

lamoon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to resolve this by clicking with the mouse between all input fields. The page must run some additional scripts on a mouse-click event vs tabbing between fields.

ndjhartman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same issue. It seemed the issue was having the credit card fields populated by the browser. Manually typing one character in each box fixed the issue.

I figured this out as on the verification code page, if I copy and pasted the code it wouldn't let me submit unless I manually typed a character. Wondered if the same thing might apply on this form and voila.

Seems like an insane bug to have, but oh well. Got it sorted in the end.

Danyar

I had a Post Office box number as my billing address, and when I tried to activate my sim card I'd get the payment failed message every time. After about eight days,  20 messages with the  Public Mobile support team, we were going around in circles. So just for the heck of it, I changed my billing address from the PO Box number, to my physical address, (even know I don't get mail at my physical address), and bingo, my sim card was registered, I'm good to go.

What is your billing address where you get your bank statements mailed to? If it's anything other than your physical address you'll get the payment failed message. So try changing your address to your physicals address ( the house number and street where you live), and see if it works.

@Danyar 

thanks for reporting back.

weird.  We are aware PM never send the address to CC to post the charge, but I guess they still try to match up the address with postal code within the system

So, before it was fixed, you were using a PO box address but a real postal code that tied with the credit card record?

to make it works, you change the address back to the same one as the one matches the postal code?

Danyar

I solved the problem, apparently Public Mobile doesn't like PO Box numbers for mailing address to match up with your postal code, so I used a physical address and I got activated.

Meltob

Funny enough when I asked for another agent, rep, manager or supervisor I was told no because they will tell me the same thing. 

Meltob

Thanks Softech. I am using a different email address from the other two. I am using a computer to complete the setup and activation. I do not have another CC to use but it is a debit visa so it should work fine. Even with another plan at a different price point it gave me the same error. I spoke to my bank and there is nothing preventing it from working on their end. 

@Meltob what was the error message?  I believe you are setting up using a different email address from your other two ?

Were you setting up using the app? if so, you are setting up using the app on the 3rd phone which was never used to setup PM account previously?

Also, tried a different CC? we saw CC decline when it was used on multiple accounts simply because the amounts are the same and CC thought it was a duplicated charge 

Meltob

They have not charged me yet and I have tried all the other troubleshooting suggestions such as other devices/browsers... clearing the cache, etc. This is the third phone Im setting up for my family on this and this experience has been enough for me to want to switch everyone. Uggghhhhh!

@Meltob 

has PM charged you the activation on your CC?

I would reply the message and ask them to escalate. Show them the error message

To be honest, if it is in the early stage and PM has not charged you yet, easier to just try activation on the app or browser, maybe clear app cache or browser cache and try again

If PM charged you, then you really need to push them to escalate and help

Meltob

I wonder how much money PM is losing from all the people who are unable to get the service. Perhaps if they fixed it, they could afford proper support. Just saying!

Meltob

These guys are not helpful at all. I am having the same issue and when asking for support I was asked for my credit card info, SIM number and 8 other questions with the intent that they would activate it for me. Then another agent messages and tells me he doesnt know why I was asked all of that because they dont complete activations and I need to do it. Im still having the same error and have done everything on my end to fix it. There is LITERALLY NO HELP with this system. Seriously disappointed!!!!

@Danyar you checked your credit card?

and wait the full hour is needed.  After 2 attempts, PM will put a one hour temporary lock 

if you need the service back urgently, get a voucher from SDM/711/Shell/London drug and load the voucher using *611 

if you want to sort this out with support, message PM here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Danyar

Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in. I did all that, still the same message

@Danyar   wait a full hour before you try again

if you know the 4 digits account PIN, try using *611 and pay there

If not, then go back My Account , but use Incognito mode, and try paying again

Also, you sure it's not a card issue? Also check with your credit card to see if it declined any PM payment on CC side

Danyar

I did all that

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Need Help? Let's chat.