cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment due tomorrow, unable to pay

Davidlyons906
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I recently received a new credit card in the mail and am trying to change the information to my new card so that the payment will be able to go through for tomorrow and I will still have a phone to use. I have now tried over 30 times to update my information and each time it has rejected me. I have even tried the "one time payment" option several times and it still rejects me. Please help

12 REPLIES 12

Payment voucher numbers are generated at point of payment.

I don't know if they have any expiry date after issue. Probably not, since they're basically gift cards. And no expiry date is declared on the vouchers or the receipts. I've used some before which had been purchased months earlier.

Moving Payment Vouchers into Self-Serve account balance seems to apply the funds almost instantly. At most a few minutes delay. Suspended phone service usually resumes immediately, even if the information reported on Self-Serve webpage needs a little longer to get updated. Sometimes it doesn't automatically "renew" (start a new cycle) on your plan for whatever reason, you need to click "reactivate plan" yourself.

No charges are applied for account suspension or reactivation, and you don't have to pay for your plan while it's suspended. You just don't get phone service or Rewards while the account status is suspended. Some people intentionally allow their accounts to become suspended when travelling/etc. Just be careful not to let it languish for too long because after being suspended for 90 days it becomes permanently terminated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@RosieR the instant top ups are available for use the fastest. And are available at gas stations. Around 30 minutes. While some vouchers take up to 24 hours to become active. Stay safe.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they're instant. Thus the name. 🙂 I recently used this service and stepped out of the quickie-mart door and got my phone out of airplane mode and sent it a text with another phone and done.

There was a fee for the convenience though.

The gas station thing is that it's those little convenience stores that sell them. Not all. You might have to hunt around a little. I finally found a Mobil that knew what I was talking about.

@gblackma wrote:

@RosieR the instant top ups are available for use the fastest. And are available at gas stations. Around 30 minutes. While some vouchers take up to 24 hours to become active. Stay safe.

@gblackma thanks for the explanation. 🌹

Davidlyons906

Thanks for your response. How doninget this "instant top up" from a gas station? Is it a specific Public Mobile card?

@gblackma wrote:

@Davidlyons906 get an instant top up from a gas station. They should be active in 1/2 an hour after you buy it. If your payment is due tomorrow you have to get it in before midnight tonight. My post above tells you how to cont act a moderator.Stay safe 

Hi @gblackma what do you mean by "get an instant top up from a gas station."? Why gas station?

@Davidlyons906 get an instant top up from a gas station. They should be active in 1/2 an hour after you buy it. If your payment is due tomorrow you have to get it in before midnight tonight. My post above tells you how to cont act a moderator.Stay safe 

Davidlyons906

Thank you, payment is due tomorrow, will I have time to purchase the voucher?

How do I contact the moderators?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Davidlyons906  30 tries? I think pm will lock cards after 3 tries.

You'll have to contact moderators to unlock your card so you can try it again. Be sure to enter your address exactly as it appears on your card statement.

In the meantime, you can buy a payment voucher, which can be redeemed on your self serve account or by calling 611. If you're in a hurry, you can buy the vouchers at recharge.com, but they charge a small processing fee.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Davidlyons906 ,

What message are you receiving?

"Remember, we accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

Wait an hour, clear you cache and opening a tab in incognito mode.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Davidlyons906 your card may be locked from too many attempts.  Contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you and to apply payment and reactivate your service for you if necessary.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.