Payment due mismatch

jmweise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

strange behaviour with payments.

my account shows:

• Available Funds: $150.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00
  • Payment Due Date: Sep 17, 2018

looking at the payment details I have not been charged my monthly fees, the system is showing nothing is due (not true) and will not allow a payment.

on the overview page - yesterday, the payment due date showed Sept 17. today it shows Sept 18 - different from the payment pgs copied above.

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, it is a messed and confusing payment system.  

Wait to tomorrow morning and hopefully, all the warning messages will be gone.  Your account will be active and your money will be removed from your balance....

@jmweise wrote:

as it turns out I had to leave the country and am now travelling so I'm not going to even use the phone and am really looking at alternatives. (Dont ever waste you $ on the add on for travel - that will fail as well.)

the real problem is with whomever is building and running the administrative systems we use. I have 3 different and contradictory messages where obviously not all can be true.

(you have sufficient funds, you dont have sufficient funds - WTF) I dont mind a serve yourself system but that system should work far and away better than it does. If I tried to release this  code mess I'm pretty sure I'd get fired.

I have used the US addon 3 times and have never had an issue with it working.  Yes there are times the messaging is confusing and needs to be fixed but I do have to say that Public Mobile has been a great service provider to me and saves me a lot of money.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jmweise

Dunkman, note I had $150 on the account and yet the system say I dont but maybe I do, and still suspended the account. the system also would not let me make a payment using the $150 credit. 

jmweise

as it turns out I had to leave the country and am now travelling so I'm not going to even use the phone and am really looking at alternatives. (Dont ever waste you $ on the add on for travel - that will fail as well.)

the real problem is with whomever is building and running the administrative systems we use. I have 3 different and contradictory messages where obviously not all can be true.

(you have sufficient funds, you dont have sufficient funds - WTF) I dont mind a serve yourself system but that system should work far and away better than it does. If I tried to release this  code mess I'm pretty sure I'd get fired.

@jmweise

The key question is whether your phone is working.  It still should be even though the self service account says suspended.  

The payment system shows various warnings throughout the payment process.  It can be a bit scary with all the warnings, but usually, the next morning, when you wake up, all the warnings are gone and your plan was renewed.  

The payment date (Sept 17) is that date when your funds have to be in your account or your autopay enabled.  At 11:59 AM EST, if you don't have funds into account or autopay abled, your account will be inactive.  The autopay date (Sept 18) is the day when the money comes out of your account.  It is a weird system, but that is how it works...

@jmweise wrote:

this just keeps getter weirder - seriously, dont they know how to code a payment system?

acct now says suspended - but I cant make a payment as I have enough available funds. WTF?

Is your phone working?  I would check the date on the rewards page.  I have found that to be a more accurate date.  There have been some issues even with autopay activated.  As long as your phone continues to work I wouldn't do anything.  If your phone stops working that is when you will need to contact the moderators right away.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jmweise

this just keeps getter weirder - seriously, dont they know how to code a payment system?

acct now says suspended - but I cant make a payment as I have enough available funds. WTF?

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jmweise wrote:

thx

but why would it not let me pay now? and why would the due date change?

who knows, weird system

I use autopay and it will show "Account suspended" until they take the payment (Your service will be kept alive though, the system's just like that). See here. Do tell me actual result.

jmweise

thx

but why would it not let me pay now? and why would the due date change?

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jmweise wrote:

strange behaviour with payments.

my account shows:

• Available Funds: $150.00
  • Amount Due: $0.00
  • Payment Due Date: Sep 17, 2018

looking at the payment details I have not been charged my monthly fees, the system is showing nothing is due (not true) and will not allow a payment.

on the overview page - yesterday, the payment due date showed Sept 17. today it shows Sept 18 - different from the payment pgs copied above.

It charges at 2:00 AM ET next day I think. Due date is today because you're supposed to have the funds available by the due date.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.