cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Voucher

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recently tried to buy a payment voucher at Walmart at a Montreal location.  They had issues with every voucher they scanned. Over 15 didn't work on their system. Was a $60 voucher.  Had to head to Pharmaprix location. It work no problem. Had to buy a $40 and $20 voucher because needed $60 and they didn't carry the $60. All locations should carry all ammounts. Sometimes you only need a $20 voucher but location may only carry $60.

7 REPLIES 7

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Think Canadian tire gift cards for payment.  Instant 10% discount.  

@will13am  I think that only works at the gas bars.  I got burnt with 150$ of giftcards because the canadian tire computer system would not allow me to pay with gift cards (only the taxes) 

Well that's unfortunate.  At least you will get 10% discount on gas.  The only problem for me is the local gas bar doesn't do RTR.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@will13am  I think that only works at the gas bars.  I got burnt with 150$ of giftcards because the canadian tire computer system would not allow me to pay with gift cards (only the taxes) 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have found that stores (wlamart london drugs etc) have  different voucher denominations than gastations (shell, 7-11)  it might be to do with the system thy are using.  

as for the denomination amounts there are too many variables (30 day vs 90 day, expired plans vs in market, rewards etc...) that it is impossible to have teh exact amount that everyone needs.   I believe though that with realtime vouchers (canadian tire gas bars if i remember correctly) can come in any denomination. (hopefully someone can confirm/dismis this)  so that might be an option in the future.  

@wetcoaster wrote:

@MacMe wrote:

What's the benefit to buying vouchers rather than using a credit card?  Is it because you have store gift cards that you want to use or you get extra discounts buy purchasing vouchers?

You also have an immediate payment receipt including GST/PST if that is important for your book keeping or taxes. (Yes, you can get an invoice from the moderators. I personally have not bothered to do so, and so far my accountant has been ok with the receipts.)

@MacMe wrote:

What's the benefit to buying vouchers rather than using a credit card?  Is it because you have store gift cards that you want to use or you get extra discounts buy purchasing vouchers?

You also have an immediate payment receipt including GST/PST if that is important for your book keeping or taxes. (Yes, you can get an invoice from the moderators. I personally have not bothered to do so, and so far my accountant has been ok with the receipts.)

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is no special reason. Was buying for a elder family member who doesn't use credit card anymore. They just like payment voucher.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.