cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method Not Working?

dominiquehk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I'm new to this community and no idea how this works seeing as I can't get help from the chat bot and theres no way to reach any customer service any other way except for this. Very frustrating. A contact number would be nice. This may be enough to make me leave Public for good, although I enjoy the low pricing, this hassle is not worth it at all. 

Anyways, I just got notified my payment method is declined. I've been with Public for months now and I have Autopay activated from my credit card. There are plenty of available funds, my card is not expired, and it was working fine before now. I have went in manually and tried to complete the payment and it is still declined. Can someone please help me, I'm feeling super frustrated and confused. It should not be this difficult to make a payment. There is no issue in my address associated with my credit card, nothing at all, I just want to figure out what exactly is the issue here.

Thank you for any help you can give me. 

9 REPLIES 9

dominiquehk

my service is NOT working, and ive already tried manual pay and it does not work. I have contacted customer service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dominiquehk wrote:

Hi, 

I'm new to this community and no idea how this works seeing as I can't get help from the chat bot and theres no way to reach any customer service any other way except for this. Very frustrating. A contact number would be nice. This may be enough to make me leave Public for good, although I enjoy the low pricing, this hassle is not worth it at all. 

Anyways, I just got notified my payment method is declined. I've been with Public for months now and I have Autopay activated from my credit card. There are plenty of available funds, my card is not expired, and it was working fine before now. I have went in manually and tried to complete the payment and it is still declined. Can someone please help me, I'm feeling super frustrated and confused. It should not be this difficult to make a payment. There is no issue in my address associated with my credit card, nothing at all, I just want to figure out what exactly is the issue here.

Thank you for any help you can give me. 

@dominiquehk  - the main question is DO YOU, or DO YOU NOT have your services working?

If you still have services, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed? Manual top up will need to be done and/or select to reactivate your account through Self Serve.

No phone number to call for customer service here, sorry.

To submit an online ticket with Customer Support Agents (CSA), there are two methods to do so, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dominiquehk wrote:

So, i went in just to see what was going on, and this message appears at the top of my payment page: 

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

Any idea what to do with this info? I'm not even sure what it means.

@dominiquehk 

your service is not working

if your service working just ignore that messages,

and your credit card is in your account but is it expiry or ! if so you can remove it your credit and enter the new one and make payment manually and see instructions on my OP.

@dominiquehk you have no service now, right?

this confirms Autopay failed and you need to pay manually on My Account or use vouchers.   wait the full hour before trying to manual pay on My Account 

dominiquehk

So, i went in just to see what was going on, and this message appears at the top of my payment page: 

"Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan.Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service."

Any idea what to do with this info? I'm not even sure what it means.

@dominiquehk you might want to wait a full hour first in case it is a temporary fraud lock. 

another way is to buy a voucher from retails and load via *611 to via My Account.   Buy the voucher from Shell/7-11/SDM . their voucher work immediately while other might need 24 hours 

dominiquehk

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, that was the first thing i tried doing when i discovered it wasnt working on it own. It still declined my payment. I'm really not sure what's going on. I even tried re-typing in all of my credit card information just in case, and it still declined. I am so confused. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dominiquehk 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

or you try can Remove your credit card and Logout and

Spoiler

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dominiquehk Autopay fails occasionally.   

You can try to login to My Account,  go to payment tab and try to have a manual pay.  

Click on the one time payment option and try to pay by amount due to see if it work.  if not, try to choose other and manually enter Plan amount +$1.  

if payment processed, click on the button Reactivate Current Plan if you see it there, then reboot your device 

Need Help? Let's chat.