cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Error.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is anyone else bumping into Payment Error Messages, instead of the 'Payment Successfully Posted' message when Activating a new Account? I've tried 4 times, hours apart and every single time it refuses Payment. 

Card is good, has plenty funds available, and was just used for another Activation hours prior with the the $34 • 40GB... but now not its working to Activate a Second Account with the $29 • 10GB.

Yes, I've reset Cache already.

Screenshot_20231125_231556_Public Mobile.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

jchua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!

Priority

It should make you only pay once, after signing in on the App you'll finish the process.

I recommend using the App from Beginning to end for Activations.

jchua

Out of curiosity, when subscribing to a new plan, does it ask you to make a payment again through the app even though a payment was made online when setting up the account? 

Priority

@m_chris I've had multiple Activations 'fail' recently, however if you just wait about an hour and attempt to resign back in, the Activation completes and let's you 'Confirm for Full Access' without an Agents help.

@HALIMACS That's what my guess is as well, I have made 5+ Payments/Activations to Public Mobile with this card in the last 24 Hours on the $ and they have all gone through but my Koho Transaction says 'Your payment has gone through, but the merchant hasn't collected the money yet so we've set the money aside in your account so it can't be used. Merchants usually collect within a couple of days, but it can take longer. If you're expecting a refund for this transaction, this temporary charge should soon expire and the money will be returned.', for this $29 Activation. None of the others have been collected yet but also none have been rejected or declined. I'm going to try with another Card when my mom gets home and I have access to hers.

@BRenda18 @FS7575 This just told me 'Error' instead of 'Payment Successfully Posted'. It did not show up or charge me on my Statement yet.

Screenshot_20231126_143103_KOHO.jpg

BRenda18

Both are marked as pending 

BRenda18

@FS7575 literally in the EXACT situation

FS7575

I am having similar issue porting (or trying to at least) a few lines to PM.

I was able to successfully move a few lines rather quickly but 2 are stuck in a similar situation where it fails, mine are using different cards for each, both show pending charges.

I did try from mobile browser instead and that ended up giving me an actual error code (M8701) which unfortunately lead to yet another pending charge (these will likely drop off, not concerned).  

Been waiting over 18 hours for an agent to even respond to my tickets though which is a little frustrating.

It can take anywhere from an hour to a day @BRenda18 .

BUT, if they were showing as "PENDING", then check again.  It's completely normal for merchant purchases to display pending charges (sometimes more than one) which eventually 'fall off' and only one remains.

What matters is which ones become AUTHORIZED.

BRenda18

It was marked pending last night but have not checked this morning. How long does it take the techs to message you?

@BRenda18 

Did both payments POST to become authorized, or do they still display as pending or unauthorized?

Also, does one of the payments show in your PM Account's available funds?  Login to see if it's there - sometimes extra payments simply bank there and can be used for future services/renewals.

BRenda18

This happened with me as well and the payment has come out twice and my account didn't activate. I put in a ticket to the techs and they have yet to respond

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Just a guess @Priority , however it's possible the card issuer may have denied payment due to what they deemed was suspicious activity (i.e. activating more than one service within a certain specified time-frame)

I agree, however, that's kinda dumb if the case.   

m_chris

I was dealing with the same thing. I did get it to work with another card but then failed activation after taking payment. Do I'm still waiting with a pending charge and no service. Now when I log in it's still asking me to choose a subscription. Support is very slow likely due to bf deals and lots of new activation. 

You can try cs agent through DM

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.