cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Error on Account Creation

BrendonTO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am looking to move my phone number over from Telus. I have my Public Mobile SIM and went through the account creation process. At the end of the process, I receive the following error: 

"Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information."

I've confirmed with my bank that there is no issue on their end, and I've notived others in the community having similar issues with acccount activation. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

BrendonTO

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated! I've tried the methods listed here without success. It seems that I'm now getting an "Invalid SIM" error on the first page, even though the number has been entered correctly.

twestacott
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had similar issue activating a SIM for my son in Chrome. Cleared cookies and switched over to Internet Explorer and confirmed the SIM activated without issue. Also confirm with credit card company that I was not double charged. Hope this helps

dimitri194

I hope you didn't close the page, same thing happened to me yesterday and I refreshed the page and then they accepted the card and my line was activated. Let me know how it goes! 

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As the others have mentioned. Ensure that your billing and mailing address is matching and that the name on your account is the same as the name on your credit card.

I also recommend calling your credit card company as seeing if they can add a manual override to your account to let the transaction go through and see what happens.

If nothing else works, it's best to use another credit card.

Clear browser cache; try a different card.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bar0460

If they totally match, try again.  I got that same error but tried again and it went through.  Mine is an amex and I've had problems using it on any Telus branded company (Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile).

bar0460

Examine the name and address on your credit card statement very carefully and make sure it matches letter for letter with what youve set up on your new Public Mobile account.  I had an error because one account showed Cres and the other Crescent. 

Need Help? Let's chat.