cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay overseas credit card

alysaatkinson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have recently moved to Canada and have not yet got a Canadian issued card. Is there any chance I can please pay with my Australian issued credit card?

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@alysaatkinson 

Koho takes 5 minutes to sign up (pick saving) and 5 business days to arrive in the mail. It has 0.5% cash back+1% for every referral for 90 days and I believe it has a $20 referral bonus currently. Private message me for a list of other community members known to also use a koho card. (I am not one of them.) There are no fees except for bank machine withdrawals from non-affliated banks.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are interested, getting a prepaid card like KOHO or Wealthsimple Cash would be a good option. If not, you can get vouchers at convenience stores or drugstores. @alysaatkinson 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alysaatkinson   No, only cards issued by Canadian, or US financial institutions will work

But you have couple choices

you can use Visa debit card if you have one already with a bank

You can buy and use a prepaid Visa card to activate

Or, you can activate by voucher with a little bit more work:

To do that,  message PM support , they will ask you your new sim card number and setup an account for you.  The account will be suspended, and it will work once you loaded the money into it

What you need to do next  is to  get a voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart/7-11/Shell/London drugs

Once you have the voucher, you can then login the account and load the voucher and start the service

To message support to arrange that:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.