cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause my plan

deraly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am on the autopay $10 plan, I will be travelling outside Canada/US for a month, how do I pause my plan for the month? Do I have to do it exactly on rollover date or can I pause it in mid-cycle? I understand that PM is discontinuing the $10 plan, when I reactivate my account, will I still be on the $10 plan? Thanks in advance for all your help.

5 REPLIES 5

@deraly wrote:

Hello,

I am on the autopay $10 plan, I will be travelling outside Canada/US for a month, how do I pause my plan for the month? Do I have to do it exactly on rollover date or can I pause it in mid-cycle? I understand that PM is discontinuing the $10 plan, when I reactivate my account, will I still be on the $10 plan? Thanks in advance for all your help.

This might not accomplish much/save much money.  As RossN was saying, the amount of time left in your plan is a factor.  If you leave for your travels with a large amount time remaining in the plan that you have already paid for, it just goes to waste.  There's no pausing a plan that has already been paid for, but rather just ways to delay the next renewal. Lost/stolen does make it so that the service stops working but the clock keeps ticking on the plan that you already paid for.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@deraly        hi remember depending how much time is left in your cycle you loose that money so depending what time you are going away it might be better off leaving it active, on top of that reactivating your plan doesn't always go smoothly around here I would just keep the account active personally

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@deraly wrote:

Hello,

@deraly  The best way to do this would be to go into your selfserve account and suspend you service by declaring your phone lost. When you come back login and declare you phone found. Make sure you account has enough funds in your account before declaring your phone found.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

You can report your phone lost or stolen up to 90 days

But many would switch to your plan to save some money while they are gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.