cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working

Jimb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried logging into my account and it said password was invalid and locked the account.  I tried a password reset and it said my account was locked out.  I waited over an hour and tried the password reset function again buit it give s a weird message.  Ineed help soon so I can sign into my account.

Reallly getting frustrated with  not being able to direcgtly talk to someone.

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Jimb wrote:

Here is the message... can’t do anything on the screen after that

As soon as I can sign into my account And can get the info I need I’m switching to a new provider... but can’t until I have my account number. All I get every month is a text message saying my bill is coming do and another one saying it is paid.  

D2301DBE-6CEC-4173-9003-A3FE98201AF7.png

@Jimb , so are you currently active with Public Mobile...do you have services working?

If you do not have services and you have been suspended for over 90 days then you lost your PM account and phone number.

But, you are saying you are still getting text message about you billing coming and being paid...? Have you also been getting your credit card charged each time?

@Jimb wrote:

As soon as I can sign into my account And can get the info I need I’m switching to a new provider... but can’t until I have my account number. All I get every month is a text message saying my bill is coming do and another one saying it is paid.   

While it would be a good idea to remove any saved credit cards, account number is not necessary to port out. You could stll port out using the IMEI of your device instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimb : If you still have your welcome email from here from when you signed up then the account number is in the To:. You might need to look at the email headers/source to find it. It'll be a 1 and a bunch of zeros and then the number.

@Jimb wrote:

thanks... I've done that but they say it can take 48 hours

It'll probably be faster than that, but only moderators can help with account issues.

Jimb

thanks... I've done that but they say it can take 48 hours

Jimb

D2301DBE-6CEC-4173-9003-A3FE98201AF7.png

@Jimb wrote:

B16DD57F-B9C6-4D42-9F06-67C1AEE13F24.png

 I get this screen when I want to reset my passwords and can do nothing on that screen after that 

You'll need to open a ticket using the instruction provided earlier. Once you're in the automated online chat (SIMon), you can type in "password" and you'll be directed to the right place.

Jimb

B16DD57F-B9C6-4D42-9F06-67C1AEE13F24.png

 I get this screen when I want to reset my passwords and can do nothing on that screen after that 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jimb 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jimb :Yeah it is frustrating not having live help, but getting advice from other customers here on this community forum is faster than waiting on hold for someone who will put you on hold again while they ask their supervisor.

Can you post picture of the weird message? It will help others to give you some advice. If after another hour you still locked out you'll have to write to the moderator team by clicking the white bubble button at bottom left or by click envelope button in top right.

If you want top up account you can also dial 611 from your Public phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimb : What were you wanting to do in the self-serve? A few things can be done in the 611 service while you wait for moderators to figure out the password problem.

What happens when you dial 611 anyway?

Need Help? Let's chat.