cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park phone number, and forward calls to new number?

dsc9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'd like to change my current phone number at public mobile. But I expect that many people will try to reach me at my old number. So I'm wondering if I can pay a fee to have my old number parked, and have calls to my old number be redirected to my new number?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In my experience, forwarding cannot be trusted. "Always Forward' changed itself to 'Send to voicemail' on me without warning, so check periodically -- and keep your old SIM.

HI @dsc9 

please note while open new account for the new number is an option, there won't be any way for you to switch numbers between the 2 accounts in the future.  PM won't do it

So, when it is time you want to get rid of the old number, the old account will be gone and you will loss your rewards system as well.  That would be a big lost if you re on legacy rewards system

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dsc9  That won’t be possible if you want a new number just create new account with new number put  you current plan down to the $15!plan and forward that old number to new account until your satisfied all your contacts got your new number . And keep that way or cancel it then after some time . But as @hTideGnow  mentioned once you port it out the PM account is closed 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dsc9 

problem is , once you parked your old number by porting, your  account will be closed

or once you picked a new number ,the old number will be gone

there is no way to keep the number and park somewhere and on the same account  to pick a new number

Need Help? Let's chat.