cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for plan. Charge warning for Canad wide calls

Talha921
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a new Sim and purchased the $25 plan that includes Canada wide talk and text. I recieved the confirmation email that the plan was activated and restarted my phone. Every time I call to a different province (I'm in BC) I get a recording disclaimer that long distance charges will apply. 

Need someone to review the account and activate the plan that was paid for. Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6

@Talha921 

As mentioned this is a standard telus message you will recieve if you don't put a (1) in front of the number you ate calling. You can ignore it and allow the call to connect afterwards. You may get this message in other situations or a text message warning that charges may apply by using that action. You can always move forward because there is never any overages, extra billing or hidden fees at pm. If you haven't already paid for it then it won't work or if it does work then it's included in your prepaid service.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Talha921...

just let the call go through...ignore that message. There's no additional billing after you pay your plan costs ($25).

Welcome aboard.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Talha921 wrote:

I activated a new Sim and purchased the $25 plan that includes Canada wide talk and text. I recieved the confirmation email that the plan was activated and restarted my phone. Every time I call to a different province (I'm in BC) I get a recording disclaimer that long distance charges will apply. 

Need someone to review the account and activate the plan that was paid for. Thanks! 

Hi @Talha921 

Add a "1" in front of the 10 digit number you are calling. Does the message go away?

Even if it does not go away, as long as the call completes you are fine and there is no issue or extra charges (you never pay for anything that you already did not pay for as this is a prepaid service).

Drewnar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, Restarting your phone will cause new setting to activates and delete unsaved data, this is called a restart.

if you power off your phone (or any device) for longer than 15 seconds, this will clear the Cashe ram in addition to activating new settings. this is called a power cycle. 

For the OP, yes just ignore the long distance charges warning, I get the message all the time and haven't seen any additional charges to my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if the call going through just ignore the message.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used 1 or +1 in front of the country code? Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes. Maybe try not using leading zeros.

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Talha921 

just ignore the message and let the call go through. it's just a standard warning message.

Need Help? Let's chat.