cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for a ux add on but not working

Lizblad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I came to Florida on Sunday and am not able to send/receive texts or calls. I did for a day. I have booted several times.

10 REPLIES 10

Lizblad

I’m giving up and will use my sister’s phone, thanks for all the help 

Lizblad

No roaming data

HI @Lizblad   

do you have roaming data on your addon?  if you do, download TextNow (voip app) and make and receive calls there for now

When you move around , you might be able to get the 2G signal for voice. 

Lizblad

OK... I can now text but not talk. I have an iPhone xr and cannot seem to get it to 2g... it will not downgrade. This is very frustrating. 

When something worked on that one day, was that talk? Or text? Or both? There's a chance that upon arrival that there could be one or two "free" calls. I haven't verified that.

But the phone not having the ability to manually select s a likely sign that the phone no longer supports 2G. Or at least auto switch down. I was in an area that required the manual change. I'm back to a previous area that auto switches.

Lizblad

My iphone7 doesn’t give me the option of going back to 2G from 3G.

If you scan for networks does T-Mobile appear? Were you somewhere else on that one day it worked?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lizblad 

Florida connection has mixed reviews from other users

Make sure you are connected to T-Mobile network

For text, you can leave it on LTE and see if it works

But you can also try to change the network to 2G and test the voice calls

Lizblad

I bought text, talk no data. Both text and talk don’t work. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe you're in a poor T-Mobile coverage area. Text should work fine. Talk only works on their old 2G network. Try setting your phone to 2G GSM only for talk. Text will work there too. Did you buy data?

Need Help? Let's chat.