cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK

BD68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does PM send me a PUK?  When I insert my PM SIM card  I get a message on my phone saying I need to enter a SIM network unlocking pin.

6 REPLIES 6

Self-solution removed and reassigned

BD68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! This was most helpful and helped,resolve my issue.

@BD68 wrote:

Does PM send me a PUK?  When I insert my PM SIM card  I get a message on my phone saying I need to enter a SIM network unlocking pin.

When requesting this code from other the manufactuer or carrier that the phone is locked to, please avoid using the term PUK in this specific case.  If you ask for a PUK, you're almost guaranteed to get the wrong code.    The SIM network unlock PUK  and PUK for your SIM card are different things compared to the SIM network unlock PIN.   I wouldn't even use those terms with custoemrs service. I would simply state that you need your phone unlocked so that it can be used at another carrier.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which provider did you originally Purchase the Device your trying to use Public Mobile from?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BD68 

Look like it was kind of Carrier lock or a Samsung master lock if it is a Samsung device

If it is a Samsung and if the message is "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." 
      call  Samsung 1-800-726-7864 for a master unlock code.
      The only info you will need to provide is the IMEI and where the phone was purchased|

If the message is "SIM network unlock PIN" or "SIM ME lock code NP" or "SIM not Supported" or  on an iPhone's About->Carrier Lock showing "SIM locked"
          You have to ask the carrier where you got the phone from for the carrier help unlocking it.
           (Sorry, for this particular issue, PM support would not be able to help) 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you're getting "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." on a Samsung phone then you can call Samsung at 1-800-726-7864 and they will give you a code to unlock it. They'll want the IMEI of the phone in question.

If any of "SIM network unlock PIN", "SIM ME lock code NP", "SIM not Supported", "SIM locked", "Network Unlock Code", "SIM PUK code", "Network Control Key", "Master Unlock Code", "Network PIN" means that the phone is locked to a previous provider. You'll need to contact them to unlock the phone.

If any of "PIN unlock key (PUK)", "Enter PUK Your SIM cannot be accessed", "Locked SIM" then that can be helped by contacting support https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.