cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLIC SUCKS

eamery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, 

I am on a pre-paid yes, I know what this means. HOwever, it appears that Public mobile has forgot the meaning of compassion and flexibility.

1)My visa was stolen and I had to get a new card, BUT I have COVID and cannot leave the house to get the new one

2) The bank gave me misinformation and  said someone  else could pick it up and it would be better to do that than mail it.  When I arranged that they said it was not possible.

3) PUblic cutoff my phone and now I cannot phone my 98 year old dad to make sure he is alright.NO COMPASSION OR willingness to look at individual situations. I cannot use the phone at all. THANKS A LOT

Thanks a lot for nothing Public.

Now,I know people will be standing up for public

9 REPLIES 9

@eamery wrote:

I do.. i wonder if this willwok

@eamery   this will work... try it!!

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not sure what you expected (and this is me not siding with PM). You said you know it is pre-paid and what that means. It would be the same with any other pre-paid provider. If you don't pay, no service, simple as that. 

Also, if your bank gave you wrong info, they are partially to blame for this situation. 

In meantime, if you have smartphone and wifi, you can download free apps to call your father.. Apps like TextNow or Fongo are good and there is no charge in using them.

Hope this resolves quickly for you. 

eamery

I do.. i wonder if this willwok

@eamery or you can buy voucher online with a small fee via recharge.com

eamery

unfortunately,I don't know anyone who will do that

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@eamery 

Yes, unfortunately Prepaid is prepaid.  It has its goods and bads.  Good that it has no surprise billing, but bad is that if not paid, service will stop.

One more choice in your case  is to enter a Visa Debit on the system if you have one.  

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your situation. If time is of the essence there are a few ways to get the service back up and running ASAP. Some of them are above, voucher probably being the best way and if you can't leave the house and someone can't purchase one on your behalf you can do it online. Also as a back up going forward there are many prepaid cc options that don't cost anything (no fees etc) that have an app with not only a physical card but a virtual card you can access right on your app and you can fund it via email transfer and use that to pay when you are in a jam like this. I used Stack Mastercard for my PM account and it is really easy.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can't you text someone to buy you an voucher, leave it in your mailbox, and etransfer to that person?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Use a voip app until you can get service running again. You could also buy a voucher from recharge.com and reactivate using it.

Need Help? Let's chat.