cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA about Referral Rewards on legacy rewards system

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is a PSA regarding those with many referral rewards on the legacy rewards system. You may want to take a screen shot of the phone numbers (last 4 digits) of all the customers you have brought over in case there are issues during the conversion to Public Points. The interface for Public Points for referrals is very different than the legacy rewards system. They do not display the phone numbers in Public Points.

7 REPLIES 7

@Holiday888 wrote:

@will13am 

Would you not be concerned that if you had 30 referrals and they switched you over to points that you ended up with no referrals. At least with a screenshot before the conversion you could at least show the agent what you had. Getting help from an agent has been a hit or miss in my experience and sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and give up. I cannot remember if it was you or another Oracle who had posted about referrals being lost in their account when asking for assistance from a moderator and nothing could be done about it?

Over the years I have had issues with referrals, some really serious, some not so much.  I can tell you that in every instance, seeking support is of no help where you think there were lost referrals because of a database glitch.  They will tell you there is nothing wrong with the database.  What is a customer to say in response to that statement?  The only time that support was helpful was when my referral list disappeared.  They were able to restore the list, not individual referrals.  Trust me, we are all going to see a massive changes in active referrals in the coming month.  Good luck tracking it and convincing others you have the definitive list.  

Holiday888
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am 

Would you not be concerned that if you had 30 referrals and they switched you over to points that you ended up with no referrals. At least with a screenshot before the conversion you could at least show the agent what you had. Getting help from an agent has been a hit or miss in my experience and sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and give up. I cannot remember if it was you or another Oracle who had posted about referrals being lost in their account when asking for assistance from a moderator and nothing could be done about it?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hollister , I don't know what the point is to take the screencap.  We cannot verify the numbers as being active anyway.  We have to rely on the system to properly tracking active referrals.  I think between now and May, we are going to see a lot of our past referrals heading for the exit.  So how do you propose contesting a screencap taken today that does not match up to a possible reality in May?  

@Dunkman wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

@Hollister Why would anyone want to switch from legacy rewards to Public Points?

@kb_mv 

Did you miss the announcement?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

@Dunkman @Chalupa_Batman I completely missed this! What a bummer.

NOBODY wants to switch to the horrible Public Points system @kb_mv . It's being forced on us May 31st.  

Screen shot taken @Hollister although I think I'll lose a lot of them because of this betrayal. 

Worse part, I was on a perfect plan, $25 5GB data. I didn't need any other plan. I didn't need the $34 Can/US plan. However, I got it for convenience and because I had the Legacy Rewards to compensate the difference.  I have TextNow free in the US with their SIM card. 

@kb_mv wrote:

@Hollister Why would anyone want to switch from legacy rewards to Public Points?

@kb_mv 

Did you miss the announcement?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.