cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM text message offer of 40GB for only $29/month.

MV125
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I’m just wondering if this is a scam and if anyone else has received this text message from PM?

Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 40GB of data at 4G speeds of up to 100mbps for only $29/month.

Reply YES by May 6, 2024 to get this limited time offer added to your account. Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers.

8 REPLIES 8

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did not get any text about this offer.

I am currently on a $29 30GB 4G plan. I guess it would be a no-brainer to switch. Does anybody know if there is any downside to switching?

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Excellent 

@TheSterlinger wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 yes these are legit offers. However, once you sign into your account that offer probably won't be there. It will be at a higher cost.  That's why they text you promotions directly. 

I'm glad they are starting again. I have never gotten a text with an offer.

This one is there.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 yes these are legit offers. However, once you sign into your account that offer probably won't be there. It will be at a higher cost.  That's why they text you promotions directly. 

I'm glad they are starting again. I have never gotten a text with an offer.

Rastin

Looks like the plan legit at least. I thought the 29$ plan was 20 gigs not 40 I guess I was wrong did not know pm would text you about plans

@Rastin wrote:

Sounds like a scam to me

It's not a scam. The plan exists. Public sends those texts sometimes. If not sure if the text is real, members can log into the Public Mobile account and make the change.

Rastin

Sounds like a scam to me

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@MV125 wrote:

Hello, I’m just wondering if this is a scam and if anyone else has received this text message from PM?

Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 40GB of data at 4G speeds of up to 100mbps for only $29/month.

Reply YES by May 6, 2024 to get this limited time offer added to your account. Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers.

Occasionaly, Public Mobile does send customers text messages about changing plans.  The $29/40GB plan is for anyone.

Need Help? Let's chat.