cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM SIM card in new phone not giving me internet -HELP, PLEASE

DaveDianaWedge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My cell phone literally died while in the States. I had a new phone ordered and waiting for me when we returned to Canada. I put my PM SIM card in and certain details are working (APN, etc. in order.) My friend put my PM SIM card in his phone and it worked fine. After reinstalling my PM SIM card back in my new cell, he called me and my phone answered fine. HOWEVER, I cannot access the internet. (Airplane mode is NOT on.)  My plan is automatically paid and current. Does and Agent need to redo something on their end?

8 REPLIES 8

@DaveDianaWedge wrote:

Thank you. I changed the APN and that helped. However, I need to check if anything has changed since I last had to do this three years ago, because now I have internet and data, but I cannot send/receive gifs or pics. I've tried all the tips online for that.

Over the last few months, a version of the settings that used to work no longer does. Specifically, you'll need to make sure that the MMS proxy is set to mmscproxy.mobility.ca and that the MMS port is set to 8799

DaveDianaWedge

Thank you. I changed the APN and that helped. However, I need to check if anything has changed since I last had to do this three years ago, because now I have internet and data, but I cannot send/receive gifs or pics. I've tried all the tips online for that.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DaveDianaWedge 

check if you have any VPN profile on your phone, delete them.  This is a very common issue for people who used their phone overseas

@DaveDianaWedge 

that's odd that the sim works ok in a different cellphone...just not yours. You have data turned ON. You have "wifi assist" disabled, I hope. Will your new cell connect to the internet using your local wifi ?

added...

what happens when you put friends PM sim in your new cellphone ?

DaveDianaWedge

Thank you. I have double checked, trying again with restart. Also looking at resetting APN.

DaveDianaWedge

Thank you. I have done that, but trying again with restart. Also looking at resetting APN.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DaveDianaWedge 

no fine tuning usually required. Make sure data is enabled in settings.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DaveDianaWedge , please check that you have roaming data enabled.  

Need Help? Let's chat.