cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Data Usage Discrepancy/Error

lukie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been on the Public Mobile 12Gb/3months plan for over a year and I've had nothing but stellar service. However, towards the end of last December, I got a text notice that my data had ran out when I still had about 30 days to go. This was highly unusual as I typically average around 2-3gb per month and have plenty of data left to spare at the end of the 3 month cycle. I didn't think too much of it, as I thought that maybe I accidentally downloaded some huge app and just purchased a 1gb one time add on (for a pricey $30!)  to carry me through till Jan 20th when my plan would start again. On the same day I also installed GlassWire app in order to better monitor my data usage. Less than two weeks after I purchased the add-on I get another text saying  that I have used up all the data. I knew this had to be wrong and sure enough according to GlassWire I had only used about 250mb of mobile data, which is nowhere near 1gb. I attached todays screen capture from GlassWire.  There is definitely something wrong here. 

I am so confused how this could happen. Could anyone help me understand how such a large disparity can even occur? Like I said, I've been with PM for well over a year and everything was working accurately. I have not changed phones or any other equipment in that time either. I appreciate any assistance or if there's a way to speak with PM directly about this problem that would be great.   

Screenshot_2018-01-10-14-05-56-345_com.glasswire.android.png

6 REPLIES 6

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AlexOfAnders wrote:

It's a little clunky but if you go to Usage history in your account, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/, it will give you breakdowns of data usage. That might at least point out the discrepancy to ask the @CS_Agent about and to look on your phone to see if somehow a specific app or website is messing with the data reporting on the PM side.

I agree. You should definitely take a look at the self serve history.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lukie, try using the data witness app.  It is very accurate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en

@lukie Indeed something is wrong in your account. Have you noticed a big chunk of data being used up in the Usage History table? 

If you haven't, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation. See what they can find out. 

AlexOfAnders
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's a little clunky but if you go to Usage history in your account, https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/, it will give you breakdowns of data usage. That might at least point out the discrepancy to ask the @CS_Agent about and to look on your phone to see if somehow a specific app or website is messing with the data reporting on the PM side.

lukie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The phone's internal data usage confirms GlassWire, that is was 250mb. 

The usage history on PMs website says I exceeded it. Same thing with the period before the 1gb add-on. I am genuinely dumbfounded. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lukie what does your self serve data add-on say?

I can't speak to the usage discrepency, what does your built in data manager say?  Over the period in question is it the same as the app?

Also for future you could always ask mods to renew your plan early.

Need Help? Let's chat.