cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Customer For Months - Suddenly Can't Receive Phone Calls or Texts

TDRare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As of today, I have lost the ability to receive text messages and phone calls to my number immediately go to my PM voice mail.  I can make outgoing calls, send text messages to the people who can't text me back, and use my data.  iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 14. Ideas on how to fix?

6 REPLIES 6

TDRare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same phone I've had since I moved to PM over 9 months ago.  IMEI is not blacklisted.  SIM card listed on PM is correct.  Did the power down and remove sim, clean sim, wait, reinstall, reboot.  Guess I'll put in a ticket.  Thanks for the suggestions.

@softech wrote:

@esjliv  likely not sim-jacked, OP can still make outgoing calls and sound like sending text is ok.  Just receiving calls and texts are the issues

@softech ah yes, your right, I glazed right over that.

Thanks! 👌

@TDRare have you gotten a new phone lately?

If so...

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

@esjliv  likely not sim-jacked, OP can still make outgoing calls and sound like sending text is ok.  Just receiving calls and texts are the issues

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TDRare wrote:

As of today, I have lost the ability to receive text messages and phone calls to my number immediately go to my PM voice mail.  I can make outgoing calls, send text messages to the people who can't text me back, and use my data.  iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 14. Ideas on how to fix?

@TDRare 

These type of posts (with 'Suddenly") make me nervous about SIM-Jacking...I am sure this is not your case (i hope).

If your SIM works with services in another device, that this is not SIM-jacking.

GREAT- ensure DND (Do not disturb) was accidently turned on your device.

...Other trouble shooting:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If the SIM does not work in another device, log into your Self Serve account and ensure the digits listed under the Change Sim Card option match the last 4 digits of your actual SIM card.

If the numbers do not match list your phone as lost/stolen and let CSA know about this.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:x

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@TDRare   seems to be a common issue lately.

do you have a secondary phone to test?  If so, put your SIM in the secondary phone to see if you are receiving calls and text.    If it works, with the SIM still in the test phone, power down the phone.  Then wait 2 minutes before putting it back to the original phone and see if it starts working again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TDRare 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.