cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAN PRICE CHANGE BY PROVIDER AS WELL AS CALLING AREA, BUT POSSIBLE DELEATION OF FEATURE

Sharky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been on a plan that gave me unlimited incoming text & calls as well as 50min outgoing talk & 50 outgoing text per month. I was province wide. A couple of months ago, I received an email from Public mobile that the plan price was going up $3.  Now the plan reads Canada wide minutes. What I am concerned about is that the description of the plan has changed to not state the free incoming talk minutes & free incoming texts. Am I still getting incoming calls & texts free even though that is no longer stated on the plan description? Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Public Mobile base plan that is no longer offered to new users? Did they raise my fee, make me Canada wide as opposed to province wide and take away my free incoming features? Can someone with this experience clarify this for me please? Thanks 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

@CountyDownIeUk 

Agreed ... more details and more information to the customers (in Self-Serve) means more happy customers, fewer unhappy customers who have to stumble through the Community or open support tickets.

@Korth 

Yes I knew that.....but my point is.....the exact plan contents should show in My Account. 

Actually there are 3 $15 plans then. The short lived Provincial Wide only plan that some could still be on. 

Like I say if you see what you have, see what else is out there and then ask this bright group....there is no doubt there can be some real good recommendations, for some, the same money or $2 (for $10 plan, now $13) more can have some significant gains and conveniences. Is good for retention, would it not be? 

@CountyDownIeUk 

Slightly off-topic, but there are two versions of "$15 plan". The original version had limited outgoing and limited incoming calls. The newer version (and the only one available for new customers) has limited outgoing and unlimited incoming calls. There's no reason to avoid switching to the new (better) version. Old Self-Serve wouldn't let you change from $15 plan to $15 plan before (you had to change to $25 then change to $15, or you had to ask the CSAs to change it for you), I don't know if new Self-Serve has similar problem.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Sharky 

We have similar on $15 plan. On the old site it clearly showed in 2 ways, exactly what our plan included. The new site does NOT show what it used to, is missing unlimited incoming calls. In the new roll out for plans they showed the $15 plan without unlimited inbound minutes but have since changed it to include unlimited inbound. Personally I think, because PM is self serve and there have been changes and grandfathering that it is 100% imperative that every account clearly and completely shows what is included in your plan in your My Account. And as well each of our LD plans should show what countries are included, what LD plans will be picked on if you run out of Canada Wide minutes and what LD plans include more countries than we were advised. It is only right and transparent to do so. 

Sharky

Thanks Korth. I will check the next bill. If there is a problem, it will be worth it to switch to the $15 plan for the extra $2. Take care, Sharky 🙂

@dust2dust   updated and thanks

softech is actually still mistaken on his first sentence. That plan does NOT have unlimited incoming. But he clarifies that afterwards.

Yes and now with that forced plan change that they did to you and all old $10 plan holders (I have 2) they've just in effect stolen back $3 of your $5 of loyalty. All your nice loyalty to the company...bam 60% of it gone.

You were paying $3 and now it's $6. A whole 100% increase in your case. Nice show of loyalty eh.

Sharky

Thank you Softech. My girl friend has that plan. She has ALS ( Lou Gehrig's disease) and resides permanently in a hospital now. She obviously never uses the 50 outgoing minutes or texts, but I call the nurses during the day so they can answer her cell. They put it on speaker so she can hear my voice until I hang up. The free incoming calls are very important to me & her as the plan cost minus the $2 auto pay & $5 loyalty reward is extremely reasonable for us seeing that she would never use data or outgoing features. Thank you so much again for your clarification of the plan details. I guess the $3 increase gave her Canada wide calling verses Province wide which makes no difference in her situation. All the best, Sharky 🙂

@Sharky 

You can get the answer to your question - one way or another - by simply checking your minutes after answering a short call.

I know Self-Serve usage history always logs all calls. I suspect it will log incoming calls as consuming 0:00 minutes (like it logs MMS messages as consuming 0.000KB data) - but I don't have that plan and don't know with certainty.

If it is limited incoming minutes then you might want to buy a $5 500-minute talk add-on to provide overflow. Or upgrade to the $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes, though once you switch away from the $10 $13 legacy plan you won't be able to switch back to it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I think you may have had some misunderstanding of that old plan.

It was 50 minutes total in and out Canada-wide. It was 50 texts out and unlimited texts in. Not provincial.

I agree that the descriptions of the new plan and also the $15 plans are inadequate and misleading. Welcome to Public where they excel in misleading misrepresentations all over the place.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sharky 

Free incoming calls is still here.   No plan was changed from the introduction of the new My Account.  It just that the description for $15 and $13 (updated: $13  does not have unlimited incoming calls as mentioned by @dust2dust ) missed the line about that.  I believe they are working on the fix for that.  So no worry .. .you didn't loos that feature

and the $3 price hike was another hot topic that have been going on for months.  Unfortunately, the $3 hike was real  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.