cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

JPV
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please review my April 4th payment of $16.80.  Since I joined I have paid a monthly payment of $11.20.  Why am I now being charged a higher monthly rate.  If this is done in error please reverse the overage and if not please explain the changes that were made to my account and why I wasn't informed.  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JPV - we are all customers and members like you here on the forum.

It is possible your Autopay failed to apply any rewards early April, and simply charged you the full amount. I have seen this happen, but rewards were still credited the account.

If the credits or extra funds are in your Available funds balance then these will be used up first on future renewals.

If you recently OPTED IN to the Public Points new program this would affect your renewal amounts each time, as you gain points rather than deductions in your renewals of your plan. If you did not OPT IN, then disregard this scenario.

I guess the question, is, were you awarded your rewards as you should have been?

Check your transaction history here to see the details: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ 

Then, you can check to ensure all your rewards are as you think they should be here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/myrewards/dashboard

If anything is missing submit a ticket with Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, who do have access to your account, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

JL9
Mayor / Maire

That amount seems to be the correct amount for $15 not sure if you had a bit of a available balance and that is why it was lower this time. Is this your second payment or have you been a customer for awhile. Seems like there is no error or anything nefarious going on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JPV 

The cheapest plan amount is $15. With tax that is $16.80. Do you normally have rewards? $5? Did you use lost/stolen previous to that autopay charge? It causes a glitch with rewards not applying upon renewal. Contact customer if this is the case and ask for them to be applied manually.

@Yeop 

We like to find out what the problem is before suggesting contacting customer support. CSA 's are only needed for account issues. If we can help solve the issue without a CSA getting involved that is our goal. Take note on how to recognize off this is necessary or ask more questions first. But keep reading and learning so you can continue to contribute to the community.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Yeop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You should submit a ticket for CS agent assistance using the chat bot. They will reply within 24hrs.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JPV 

It's possible you received a discount or referral reward credit on the first set of charges, and now you're being billed the normal cycle rate.

Which plan are you on?   The $15 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.