cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge

jacktrusk23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on an old plan 12Gb $120 prepaid for 3 months.  I switch my plan to the $40 15GB back mid Nov which took effect on Jan 1. But system debited $120 ?? Can someone help?

13 REPLIES 13

@jacktrusk23 

that usually happens when one is changing from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan. for the refund it's about 1-2 weeks in my experience. however, if one is going to put the money back into the account, it makes more sense to leave the money and let the system withdraw from the balance. having funds in the account avoids auto-pay from making mistakes/failures/provision issues

Yes it is. They wouldn't be the only business slow to refund. They'll take your money in a hurry though!

I've never actually asked for a refund, it just seems to be the line around here.

jacktrusk23

several weeks for a refund, thats crazy.

Here's an option I would suggest. Leave it all there. Here's how it plays out. On your next renewal on Jan 31 you will get your $7 added to your $80 and then minus the $40 plan leaving you with $47. Then after that on Mar 2 you will get your $7 added to your $47 and then minus the $40 plan leaving you with $14. Then after that on Apr 1 you will get your $7 added to your $14 and then the autopay will need to take $19 from your credit card to add to the $21 to pay for the $40 plan. Then on May 1 and thereafter you will get the $7 and needing $33 from autopay.

Or you can ask support to credit you back the $80 to your credit card. This could take several weeks which might actually go past your next renewal.

Adding - forgot to say that you would want to watch your next renewal closely to make sure it doesn't hit your credit card for another $33. You should not get any charges until Apr 1.

jacktrusk23

correct $80 balance

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I was expecting much messier as I had seen one a few weeks ago that was a nightmare.

So do you have an $80 balance?

jacktrusk23

jacktrusk23_1-1672988916720.png

jacktrusk23_2-1672989014941.png

$120 straight or minus the rewards? Payment history would be helpful. It could be a couple pages.

jacktrusk23

the plan is showing up correctly. and credits for autopay and loyalty is showing up correctly.  only thing not correct is it is still deducting $120 from my card vs the new plan fee less the credits.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The changeover from the old 90 day plans to the current 30 day plans is super messy. Yes use private mode or another browser or even device and preferably a non-mobile browser (desktop/laptop).

Maybe you could provide images of your payment history from here from before and through the change so we can see the mess.

jacktrusk23

no thats not it.  new plan took effect and it being deducted.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jacktrusk23 It's possible your plan change didn't go through properly. Please take screenshot of transaction amounts and create a ticket to contact PM CS_Agent. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@jacktrusk23 

Try logging into your account using a browser in incognito or private mode first.

Then do a refresh.

You might be looking at old cached information before.

Need Help? Let's chat.