cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the last couple of weeks I’m getting no sim card although it is in my iPhone.

Taurock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

20 REPLIES 20

@Taurock wrote:

Sorry I’m new to this community. How do I remove it?

I've already done it for you.

shimdog
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I found that a combination of removing the SIM card and restarting the phone fixes a lot of these problems. If you haven't yet, make sure to try that.

@Taurock wrote:

Have taken it out and put in back in after realizing I didn’t have service. That corrected the problem until it happened again

this does sound to me more to do with the device and the SIM tray rather than the SIM itself.  I know you don't have a second phone now, but It would be best to get a spare phone for a week so you can try it and confirm

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock...you don't have to select a Solution until you're satisfied your question has been successfully addressed. You can unselect my answer and just leave it that way for now until completed successfully.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock wrote:

@Taurock 

I saw you remove the wrong choice. Then why did you put it back in?

As long as your problem is not fixed, you don't have to choose a "solution" right away. Come back when your problem is fixed, tell us what you did to solve it and and then you can select the "best solution" that put you on the right track, if applicable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurock : I wonder if you could cut a piece of tape or a piece of paper and put it on the SIM as a bit of a space filler. There are risks of course. I wonder if you hung your phone upside down to use and see if it loses the connection. Maybe upside down it would be in effect dangling off the contacts. Not sure if that's a SIM issue or the phone.

@Anonymous wrote:

@t_p wrote:

@Taurock 

click the 3 dots menu at top right of your that post and select "Not the solution"

Sorry hairbag1 🙂

I think he's "man" enough...🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@t_p wrote:

@Taurock 

click the 3 dots menu at top right of your that post and select "Not the solution"

Sorry hairbag1 🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock wrote:

@Taurock 

click the 3 dots menu at top right of your that post and select "Not the solution"

@Anonymous another oopsie...🙄

Taurock

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock wrote:

Not blacklisted. Appears to be seated okay as it works almost all the time. 

@Taurock 

If the phone is not blacklisted, you should remove the "Accept as solution" choice, as that will be used for future reference.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock wrote:

@Taurock 

I think either the connections in your phone are getting flakey or the SIM starts failing.

Best is trying a good SIM in your phone to narrow down the issue, or trying your SIM in another phone.

If SIM is bad, you can change it yourself in Self-serve.

If phone bad, then...

Taurock

Taurock

3 or 4 times over the last couple of weeks. 

Taurock

Have taken it out and put in back in after realizing I didn’t have service. That corrected the problem until it happened again. Don’t have another cell to test. Probably a SIM card issue. Your thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurock : You clicked on Accept as solution for a post. But then went on to ask more questions. Did devicecheck.ca report that the phone is blacklisted?

I wonder if maybe the SIM is wiggling around in the slot but managing to keep most of a connection. Can you have a look to see if it seems to be properly placed in the slot.

Taurock

Had iPhone 10 for at least 3 years with no problems until recently and only happens on occasion. Do you think the SIM card is the problem or the iPhone?  Thanks 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock....did you just recently buy a used iphone ? Could it be that the phone has been blacklisted / reported as stolen somewhere ?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taurock : Do you mean intermittently? Or for all this time?

Maybe have a look at devicecheck.ca to start things off.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Taurock   That could be a SIM issue or could be the SIM tray issue with the device.

Did you try to pull the SIM out and then put it back and see?

did you try to put your SIM in another phone to see if it works (this could confirm if it is a device issue)

did you try to put in another working SIM in your iPhone and see if it connects?

Need Help? Let's chat.