cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over charged

Savagekid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been overcharged on my last payment yesterday, with my refers and other credit I should of only been charged 19 dollars like usual, I was charged the full 40 dollars, why??

15 REPLIES 15

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Points-Back-for-July/m-p/1027954?search-a...

Regarding the 5% back points on net cost vs plan cost, the above link is a thread from a few months ago where you yourself stated “only inflow of fund from Credit card or vouchers are eligible for points”. In other words, 5% back on only what you spend and not the actual plan cost.

Did the rules change since then? I can’t find anything using the search function to confirm.

thanks @RetiredGuy1 for your suggestion and I will make appropriate changes 

RetiredGuy1

@softech  I think this is an issue of terminology. In my opinion, it would be clearer to state “the full amount is applicable first and then can be reduced through the redemption of points”

RetiredGuy1

@softech 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Is-the-5-back-in-points-on-plan-price-or-...

If you are correct, you should edit or remove the green check-marked “accepted solution” that stated the 5% was on net cost and not plan cost

Hi @RetiredGuy1 I should have said that if was on 2 of my family accounts.  No Oracle links on those accounts

In your case, the full amount was paid first . You were paying the full amount with the help of the redemption and not pay in full using credit card

RetiredGuy1

@softech 

By stating “pay full amount first” followed by “then PM….within 48 hours” leaves the reader with a clear impression that one is initially paying the full amount. 

It would be nice if a non-Oracle could post whether they receive 5% on plan amount or actual money spent because it may just be that it is a perk you get. Either way, it doesn’t change the fact that it is described as 5% for every dollar spent. If what you say holds true for everyone, perhaps you should ask PM to clarify the published description?

I have no interest in becoming an Oracle.

@RetiredGuy1 I just went through a renewal, I didn't pay from credit card as I paid all via available funds earned from rewards. And I still get full 5% point from the plan amount. So, I believe I was correct regarding of getting "5% point of your plan amount in points."

As to you redeemed $15 bil credit.  Thanks for confirming that "you pay the full amount first",  you were paying the full amount with the help of the redemption and not pay in full using credit card

and thanks for catching the typo above. I said "Everything" has a chance , should be "Everyone" has a chance.  It is true that only  Oracles are getting $20, but Oracles are just customers and everyone has a chance to become an Oracle.  Just participate and put your heart out to help.  With your knowledge and dedication, you could be the next Oracle 🙂

RetiredGuy1

@softech wrote:

@Savagekid 

everyone will be migrated to Public Points to earn points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Your referrals are here, and will be given in points first and you can redeem for bill credit after

With this new system, you pay the full amount first, then PM will give you the points to your point account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  

For what you can earn,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your plan amount in points. 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 point on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everything has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit not as good as before, but you are still aabing, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

@softech 

Just to clarify, the redemption process for give back (formerly community) rewards is a bit different. For example, I was migrated May 2 and received give back points yesterday (May 4). I was able to redeem for a $15 bill credit immediately for my next plan renewal on May 25. So, I am not paying the full amount first.

The “5% of your plan amount in points” would appear to be incorrect. There is an accepted solution (by @hTideGnow) to a poster stating it is 5% of net payment which would be consistent with the Points Help Article that states “5% back for every dollar spent”. The key word there is “spent”.

Also, I understand that only Oracles can earn 20 points a month, so not everyone? Not sure on this.

anotheran

Yup and you don't get some of the old discounts like $1 off every year with public mobile up to $5. Autopay discount is gone too

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Savagekid wrote:

So I have to go on PM site and redeem my points every month, it won't be taken off automatically like before and l won't get the extra 21 dollars that was taken out of my cash account back, is that what you are saying 

You can apply points in 15-point ($15) increments towards your next payment but you have to do it manually.

Savagekid

So I have to go on PM site and redeem my points every month, it won't be taken off automatically like before and l won't get the extra 21 dollars that was taken out of my cash account back, is that what you are saying 

@Savagekid 

everyone will be migrated to Public Points to earn points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Your referrals are here, and will be given in points first and you can redeem for bill credit after

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the sysrem), then PM will give you the points to your point account within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  

For what you can earn,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your plan amount in points. 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 point on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit not as good as before, but you are still earning, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Savagekid

What is legacy discounts, never heard of them , are you saying that all my refers and credits I have earned by bringing this company business is gone, if so that is not right!!

@anotheran wrote:

If it renewed on or after may 1 you get charged the full amount because the legacy discounts are gone. Now you accumulate points at 5% after payment. And can only redeem points when you have 15 points or higher. 

That above may not be correct in the above customer's case.  Also, not everyone is on points yet.  The conversion to points will happen gradually.  Those on the older rewards system still receive automatic discounts on the plan.  I can confirm that on my lines, I am still receiving automatically applied reward discounts for my May renewals.

anotheran

If it renewed on or after may 1 you get charged the full amount because the legacy discounts are gone. Now you accumulate points at 5% after payment and 1 pt per referral per month. And can only redeem points when you have 15 points or higher. 

Need Help? Let's chat.