cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Canada

Racneb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Guys, I am right now in Mexico but no signal at all, need to make a few things with my canaidan phone but its not working, any suggestions what can I do....

6 REPLIES 6

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Voip or local prepaid options. Unless your near the US border - where an add on may work but probably spotty and not reliable

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Once you leave Canada, your PM services stop.

If you use iPhone, you can still iMessage using wifi.

Get a free voip app like TextNow, to be able place free calls / texts to most Cdn or US numbers. TextNow also uses your local wifi.

Depending on how long you're in Mx for...consider getting a local sim and cheap Mx plan. I used Telcel and got a sim and 30 days of calling to US, Canada and Mx, plus 3 GB data...cost was under $20 Cdn.

Look for a Telcel kiosk in most retail malls or go to your local OXXO and Kiosko.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Racneb 

Most businesses do use Whatsapp in Mexico. You can also download a voip provider like textnow or fongo to use on WiFi  and/or mobile data. Local SIM cards are very cheap. You can get a one day plan up to a 30 day plan. A 3gb plan with calls and texts for 30 days is about US $8. Here's some more info on Mexican SIM cards.

https://toomanyadapters.com/buying-sim-card-mexico/

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Racneb 

Public mobile does not offer international  roaming services (except for USA with purchase of 10 day roaming packages).

What specifically do you need to do with your Canadian phone? 

You could purchase a local Mexican SIM card and use the local phone services. Usually, that would be cheaper than any Canadian mobile company roaming packages. 

Some people also would use apps, like Whatsup and Wifi/data to have a Canadian number, etc.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Racneb  - current inmarket plans only work whilst in Canada.

They can work in the USA with Roaming Addon purchased in addition to your plan.

But, no Public Mobile services in Mexico, sorry.

You will need to obtain a local sim, or use wifi apps for communicating...whatsapp, facetime, textnow, fongo, etc.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM is not offering service in Mexico.

Outside Canada only service is available in US with proper US add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.