cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing not working

bvrinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently upgraded my PM plan, which will become active next week. 

Meanwhile I keep losing my outgoing service, is this related to plan change? 

Everytime I try making a call, the message immediately displays that call has ended and number not valid. I have tried the airplane mode switch on and off, then I tried restarting my phone. Initially it worked but now it doesn't seem to work. 

Could anyone help me with this please? If it is not going to resolve, I will have to change my service from tomorrow. I don't want to pay for a service that doesn't work. 

7 REPLIES 7

@bvrinda   PM networks uses Telus and Bell towers

However, on your phone's network selection, you should only choose Public Mobile.  There are times that choosing Telus would work too but I suggest you just try it , and if it does not work, you should change it back to Public Mobile

So, you enabled VoLTE and tested?  does it work?

bvrinda

Does public mobile run on telus or bell or is it both the same?

@bvrinda 

Try to enable VoLTE and see if it helps

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

If that does not help, open ticket with PM support and have them to confirm on the system if any account issue or outage:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

bvrinda

tried all of these above mentioned things, if it is a network outage in the area, is there a solution?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nothing to do with your plan change.

It could be minor service outage in your area.

How about SMS/Internet? Do you have those services without issues?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bvrinda 

perhaps a local network problem...can you move around to test. Maybe go to other side of town. Let us know.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bvrinda should have nothing to do with the scheduled plan change 

try to make calls by putting 1 i front of the 10 digits 

Need Help? Let's chat.