cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing call in Canada

andreale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I’m using the $25 plan which included unlimited canada-wide call. I was trying to call to a number in Toronto as I live in Laval, Quebec and it said I might get charged because of long distance call. I don’t understand why when it said on the plan that already included unlimited canada-wide call.

Anybody has any ideas? Please help me. Thank you guys very much

7 REPLIES 7

@andreale 

Just remember that There are no extra charges at public mobile. If it's not included in your plan it just won't work.....or its free! Enjoy and welcome to public mobile.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@andreale 

I call my sister everyday and have to hear that message, it’ annoying, but after a while, becomes, normal, just ignore it. Welcome to Public Mobile. 

@andreale Its a left over bit that applies to some of PM ers still on the grandfathered Provincial plans.  And there is a glitch that sometimes plays it for the new Canada wide plans. There are no additional charges to call within Canada with your $25 plan. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@andreale I hear that same message when making long distance calls. its just a warning, PM won't let the call go through if you don't have the proper plan/add-ons to complete the call.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andreale try adding a 1 to the number you are dialing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@andreale 

PM plan is prepaid plan.  PM does not have pay-per-use charge.  Therefore, you will not be charged if you do not prepaid for any service.  You can ignore the warning message and let the call go through.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@andreale wrote:

Hi everyone, I’m using the $25 plan which included unlimited canada-wide call. I was trying to call to a number in Toronto as I live in Laval, Quebec and it said I might get charged because of long distance call. I don’t understand why when it said on the plan that already included unlimited canada-wide call.

Anybody has any ideas? Please help me. Thank you guys very much

You will not be charged. All calls in Canada are included in your prepaid plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.