Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of data

Bradoconnell222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recieved text saying I was out of data by my account shows I have over 4g left

9 REPLIES 9

@Bradoconnell222 wrote:

It's no longer working, I have no data can only use wifi, but when I log into my plan I still have over 4g left, I still 3 days til end of cycle. 

@Bradoconnell222 - do you have a data limiter set on your device settings? If so, adjust or remove it so you can use more data.

Try your sim card into another phone to see if data works, if it does than it is something with your own device.

Try 1 or more of the below troubleshooting steps:

• restarting your phone
  • toggle into / out of airplane mode
  • perform a reset of your device's network settings

@Bradoconnell222 

turn off device and tak out SIM card and reinsert back on. or tried SIM in other device.

also check the APN,

@Bradoconnell222 

Login to Self-Serve and confirm how much data (if any) you have left.

Check your phone's data-tracking app for the last 30-days history ... you can see how much data has been used and which apps have been using it.

Restart the phone, of course. It can fix weird problems sometimes.

Bradoconnell222

It's no longer working, I have no data can only use wifi, but when I log into my plan I still have over 4g left, I still 3 days til end of cycle. 

The 75% and 95% (and 100%) data usage warnings seem to only apply to data from the plan.

They seem to malfunction when you have more data available on add-ons. I'm guessing they're also inaccurate when more data is available on promo bonus(es), but I don't know firsthand.

If data is still working then data is still working. It's all prepaid at Public Mobile - you won't be (can't be) overcharged for overusage, when available data is all gone then you just get no more data until you (or your AutoPay) buy more data.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As long as it shows you still have available regular plan data, you can ignore that message.

Once you're outta plan data, if you have any bonus, promo or Holiday Give away data, they will take over until next regular renewal...or you buy a data add-on.

Advice

try using your data with out wi-fi to see if it works

Lux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As long as your Public Mobile account says you have data, you can ignore the text.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Bradoconnell222 

if your data is working then ignore those message.

Need Help? Let's chat.