cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other PM can’t see my calls

Sjardim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Often when I call my husband or son who are PM users, my phone call doesn’t ring on their phone, they do not get a notification and on my end it goes directly to voice message.  Why?

for example today I called my son multiple times at 5:30 am and on his phone it does not show that I called.  When I called it went directly to voice message 

18 REPLIES 18

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There could be several reasons why your calls are not ringing on your husband or son's PM phone and are going directly to voicemail:

1. Poor signal strength: If the PM network coverage is weak in the area where your husband or son is located, then their phone may not be able to receive calls properly.

2. Network congestion: If there are a lot of people using the PM network at the same time, the network may become congested and not be able to handle all the calls, resulting in missed calls or calls going directly to voicemail.

3. Do Not Disturb mode: If your husband or son has enabled the "Do Not Disturb" mode on their phone, calls from unknown numbers or people not in their contacts may be automatically sent to voicemail.

4. Call blocking: It is possible that your number has been accidentally or intentionally blocked on your husband or son's phone, which could result in your calls going directly to voicemail.

5. Technical issues: There could be technical issues with either your phone or your husband or son's phone, such as software bugs or hardware problems, that may be causing the issue.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

settings, notifications, do not disturb, under Exceptions-calls, messages and conversations - calls can set to all calls (why dnd?), contacts only, favourites, none (isn't that dnd?). And messages have the same choices.
Then in contacts one can select contacts as a favourite.
Android 12 on a Samsung.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@computergeek541 

“Do Not Disturb Mode is an all-or-nothing setting”

Huh?

I have set selective DND for certain favourited contacts and allow them to ring through while others do not.

I have a set for certain times of day. Are you referring to some other limitation?

I have seen settings on previous device relating to parameters allows calls to come through if DND is enabled but the person calls back 2 or 3 times in a row in quick succession.   I haven't seen this in every device, but in stock Android 13, I did just now find the settings that you are speaking of by doing a long press on hold on the DND settings. Thanks for getting me to look.

@computergeek541 

“Do Not Disturb Mode is an all-or-nothing setting”

Huh?

I have set selective DND for certain favourited contacts and allow them to ring through while others do not.

I have a set for certain times of day. Are you referring to some other limitation?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Sjardim if thr missed calls only happen sometimes, no big concern, I think.  PM is using 3G network for voice, sometimes it is the phone switching to 3G slow and caused the missed calls.  

@Sjardim , maybe it's due to connectivity issues.  If a phone is not detected by the network as being connected and ready to receive a call, the call will go to voice mail. 

@Sjardim if it is random and not occur a lot, it could be just local network issue. Just if the no incoming calls issue occur a lot on a particular spot

If it happens too frequently, tell us what brand and model of phone they are using.

Also, try to first reseat the sim card

Next thing to try is to change the Preferred network type or Network mode to 3G only (WCDMA only)

@HALIMACS wrote:

As for contact to your husband, well @Sjardim , tell him he's 'not allowed' to place your calls on a Do Not Disturb or Forwarding setting.

😁

I'm sure you're kidding about blocking calls from a family member, but Do Not Disturb Mode is an all-or-nothing setting and Public Mobile doesn't provide any way to forward calls from a specific phone number.  There are third party apps that can do a bunch of things to calls from specific phone numbers such as diconnecting the call to prevent the caller from leaving a voice message.

Do YOU ever not receive calls from them, @Sjardim ?   Or is it only they who sometimes don't receive calls?

Here's a good test to try.   

Switch SIM cards amongst devices and see if/where the problem persists.  This is as easy as removing from their device and installing in another persons device.   Should be easy if no SIM card adapters are in use from device to device - there won't be if they're the same phone models.

This will help establish whether it's a device setting or network/SIM issue which may be able to be rectified by involving Public Mobile customer support.   It could otherwise be an environmental issue whereby location of the recipient caller is not allowing them receive the call due to insufficient signal strength, thus the call going to voicemail route.

Sjardim

It is random when it occurs.  For instance, my husband who never has his phone on silent or do not disturb during the day, does not receive calls at times from myself or my son.  We are all PM users, my son for 3 years and my husband and I for 5

As for contact to your husband, well @Sjardim , tell him he's 'not allowed' to place your calls on a Do Not Disturb or Forwarding setting.

😁

It sounds to me, @Sjardim , that your son may have Do Not Disturb enabled on their device and is pre-set to certain times such that calls are forwarded to voicemail when received.

These settings can be amended to enable certain contacts/callers to bypass the Do Not Disturb setting and ring through.

Let him know this, if he doesn't already.  😉

Sjardim

And the once in a while is so random.

I will try all of your suggestions.  

Sjardim

It doesn’t happen all the time, just once in a while.  

Sjardim

No I have had PM for at least 5 years

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sjardim 

For calls going straight through to voicemail on established accounts which have not recently gone through a porting process, try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sjardim - 

Try 1 or more of the below:

• restart your phone
  • toggle into and out of airplane mode
  • perform a Reset of the device's Network Settings
  • move your sim card to another phone to see if services works

If you move your SIM card into another phone for a few days to test and it continues to happen, I suspect an account or SIM card issue.

Perhaps inquire with a CSA at this point and describe what is happening.

Curious what model of phone to you have?

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Sjardim  Did you just port numbers over to PM by any chance ?

Need Help? Let's chat.