cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracles

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I (sort of) understand Oracles function but I am wondering why they are eager to answer questions as soon as they are asked?
Why do not give a change to ordinary customers to help out first and then to correct answers if needed?

Is that a new public mobile policy to cut even current meager rewards? Answering posts first does not give much chance to other customers to assist as following post have high chance to be removed as 'repetitive'.

13 REPLIES 13

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Chalupa_Batman 

isn't that we are supposed to give bravos to good posts only? I  can complain for not getting enough bravos for my poor replies??? 🤔

Truth be told, just an hour or so again, no names, gave a bravo to one person and not another even know the other person said the exact same thing 1 minute apart. They didn't get bravo'd. If you're going to bravo, be fair and share. Lead by example!!!

hi @Chalupa_Batman 

isn't that we are supposed to give bravos to good posts only? I  can complain for not getting enough bravos for my poor replies??? 🤔

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chalupa_Batman - Yes, I wish there was a sub "Oracle" position where it would be something like Deputy Oracle or Substitute Oracle. You would get $17.50 / 17.5 points guaranteed a month.

But instead of looking at the oracle lineup every Quarter of the year (90 days) they should have it something like monthly and when Oracles are not helping be turned down to Deputy Oracle, then Retired Oracle / Mayor.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned, there are some who complain that Oracles don't do enough around here to earn their guaranteed $20 a month. There are some here that mention that Oracles DON'T need to jump on posts within a minute when they are already getting their guaranteed $20 a month. There are some here that say the only bravo's they get are from other members and Oracles rarely bravo anyone but other Oracles. And I agree with the assessment that Oracles should be mentors and lead by example. I have learned a lot here, including from Oracles. I too one day want to be an Oracle but sadly I don't see that happening because once you're an Oracle, that spot is taken for several years as they don't want to give up that $20 golden goose sort of speak. 

So here is what I'm proposing. Let's, as a community, have a frank discussion in The Lounge and share our thoughts and opinions without an repercussions or threats of being banned. As long as it's kept civil and respectful, that's what matters. No moving or deleting posts from that thread unless it actually violates the TOS. What do you think @Boki ??

hi @Boki 

totally agree what you said.  Like you,  I do HAVE a life outside of publicmobile.  And I also browse 2 other sites regularly.  Basically , I log in once a day, if I can help - great, if not - great too - go to my daily life/hobby/etc.  But since I only there so briefly like you on here, I usually do not pay any attention to how the members and moderators there do.  I am not interested in getting unnecessary politics or fights on sites I don't spend too much time on anyway.  What I see is, the people who asked for help want an answer as quickly as possible. They don't care if people refresh every 5 seconds. They rather get a quick answer than someone hold off the answers just to be polite. That's why I think anyone has an answer should reply quick. Don't you agree??

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

btw, I am surprised too, you don't seems to participate that often that you care this little thing.  Maybe with the change in Rewards and you want to help more?  No worries, I know you can beat them and be the first to answer

I see no point of repeating or copy/paste somebody's else answer to a question. That just creates unnecessary 'noise' and does not bring any new solution nor expand our knowledge.
Besides that I do HAVE a life outside of publicmobile and absolutely have no intention of spending hours and hours refreshing site every 5 seconds to see new post and try to answer them. I log in once a day, if I can help - great, if not - great too - go to my daily life/hobby/etc. $5 or $10 (or less) points per 30 days is NOT that great reward.

What I would suggest for Oracles is to give chance to the rest of us and maybe after 3-4 answers Confirm correct answer to a problem/issue and/or point out to incorrect one. If they jump First to answer then there is no point of answering and repeating solution. If that is the case (they always answer first) then let them do all the work and we can do something else.

I do appreciate Oracles' answers as that is a great way to learn but then WE should apply that new knowledge and help others. Oracles should be mentors and advisers.

HI @Chalupa_Batman 

Let me try to explain.  

you know the bravos  calculates constantly and not at midnight?

i meant if you check 30 days bravos at  4/27  10:05pm, the 30 days count from 3/28 10:05pm to 4/7 10:05pm. 

So if you refresh it at 4/27 10:07pm, the reading is will count from 3/28 10:07pm to 4/7 10:07pm. 

You might think the 2 mins irrelevant, but it does make a difference if people gave bravo to  you during that 2 mins back in 3/28 and you don't get any new bravos for that 2 mins on 4/27

@Chalupa_Batman  I went to take a peek at the leaderboard. I refreshed the page and I went from 215 bravo's down to 205. Lost 10 bravo's. How do you explain that?

Could it be that you were looking at a cached number and refreshing moved the timeframe up a day to the current day?  In other words I would assume the number will change daily as the first day of the period drops off and the next new bravo-free day is added to the 30 day default?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@Boki 

If you look at the leaderboard, there are 2 oracles in the top 8 spots.  Three oracles in the top ten spots.  So, most of the competition is from other community members, not necessarily from oracles. 

This is what I find questionable. When you posted this, I went to take a peek at the leaderboard. I refreshed the page and I went from 215 bravo's down to 205. Lost 10 bravo's. How do you explain that? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Boki 

In general, community members (including oracles) are participating to help fellow members troubleshoot their issues and help out.   

It is a balancing act about oracle participation.  You are correct that oracles do get our monthly rewards without "competition" for bravoes and solutions.  However, if we don't participate, then other members may feel that our monthly rewards are not "earned."  

Personally, if I see that there are many members participating and answering posts, I usually will hold back on my responses and add advice as needed.  Each oracle has their own preference, but there is no guidelines from Public mobile.  

From the beginning of PM community forum, there has been a natural competition to get the answer first.  Higher odds of getting more bravoes and solutions that lead to higher reward payments.  That is the nature of the forum and the rewards.  It actually is not too bad these days.  In the past, whenever there was a post, about 4-5 members would answer within a few minutes.  Previous leaderboards including many members have 600-1000 bravoes per 30 days.  

If you look at the leaderboard, there are 2 oracles in the top 8 spots.  Three oracles in the top ten spots.  So, most of the competition is from other community members, not necessarily from oracles. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Boki 

there used to be some regulars criticizing Oracles not participant enough and not worth the $20 rewards, so basically they are asked by the regulars to come here more. 

I am personally OK they participate.  They gave good and proper answers.  i think they usually appear on a good time,  I always see some other regulars or myself being the first posts 🤣😂

btw, I am surprised too, you don't seems to participate that often that you care this little thing.  Maybe with the change in Rewards and you want to help more?  No worries, I know you can beat them and be the first to answer

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Boki - Then what I would recommend - stay up at night and sleep during the day. That will give you time (30min+ to help out others) although it will be 1-5 posts. 

Need Help? Let's chat.