cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for talk, text and data in the US

Nishaat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I am travelling to the US for a week and want unlimited talk and text and 4GB data, what are my best options?

2 REPLIES 2

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Nishaat  An alternative to changing to/selecting a Public Mobile Canada-US plan is to purchase a US roaming add-on for $30 but it only includes 3GB of data and lasts for 15 days from date of purchase.  Given that the Canada-US plan is $34 for 50GB then the add-on would be more costly factoring in your basic plan.  Make sure you have a VoLTE capable/enabled phone otherwise voice calls will be a potential problem in the USA since they no longer have any 3G networks.

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you're looking to pick up a SIM card locally I would suggest looking at mint mobile. I don't know if they have unlimited data but I'm certainly have unlimited talk and text. It runs on the T-Mobile network. There are roaming Sims that you can get before you leave Canada if you wish or if you're with public mobile you could switch to the plans offered right now with unlimited canada-wide and us talk and text and limited data buckets of 5075 and 100 gigabytes. 

If you did that you could keep that plan as your regular plan just remembering to switch your roaming options when you are in the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.