cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting out new public point system

Tnguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't seem to find any answers out here yet, but has anyone who signed up with PM after Jan 25th tried opting out from the new public point system? Do you get converted back to the old public reward system at all or do you just lose all privileges and your account has basically no benefits?

24 REPLIES 24

@danvo1991 wrote:

I wished I didnt join the new reward program T___T old reward system way better. 

HI @danvo1991   I guess it is too late now  😞

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@danvo1991 

You are not alone....if you don't have friend referrals or many add ons then taking advantage of another promo elsewhere and porting out and porting back in on a bonus referral credit promo or other advantageous promotion and combined with 3x points for 12 months is an option. Anniversary points do not encourage loyalty on the customer side.

danvo1991
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wished I didnt join the new reward program T___T old reward system way better. 

Sophie19811

Yup, thank you for your advice. Actually, the first two months were pretty good. Public Mobile gave me 37 points all at once, including welcome bonus, referal friends reward, and so on. I redeemed those points for two $15 discount on my monthly bills. After that, I found it was not easy to earn points. But... it's better than nothing.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

Aha! I see....pm makes it sound like points are better than rewards which they are not $$ wise but the redemption discounts are good if you can take advantage of them. And your community participation can help make up any rewards value you lose with loyalty and autopay so stick around and see what ou may earn early next month for your contributions in May.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Sophie19811

No, I was going to quit from the points reward system, but I decided not to after reading Beer's post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

OMG....did you just save yourself from joining the points program? Whew?!!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Sophie19811

OMG!! Thanks for your post!! So timely!! I almost did the same thing!!  

Sophie19811

Thank you for your help!!!

HI@ashleyau   , I would say the new system is not great but still decent saving.  Why need to move away from PM if you cannot go back to the old one?  Getting some reward saving is still better than getting none

Sorry, no way to go back to the old system.  This was confirmed by PM already

ashleyau
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was SO regret on joining the new public point system.  If I cannot revert it back to the old public reward system, I will have to switch to other phone carrier after almost 6 years with PM.... unless there's any other suggestions?

MrAtheist

Pretty disappointed with how stupid this is... whoever designed this should get fired 😠

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv @BEER 

I think it's pretty clear what I was replying to....the OP's question regarding the points program. If you opt out you are out. Period. There was no in involved ( pun intended.) Indeed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy  

It sounds like some posters are referring to different occurrences.

I think the discrepancy here is the "IN" vs."OUT".

Opting IN it going from Old Rewards to New Rewards points system.

Option OUT is leaving the New Rewards system to oblivion (no Old no New Rewards after this point).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Tnguyen 

If you opt out of the points program you are left with no benefits at all.

Not true - The point system does definitely offer benefits but obviously not as good as the old reward system.

But @darlicious is correct:

- If you opt out of Points you have NO rewards at all.

- Your statement is correct too if you remove first 2 words: better something than nothing.

Tnguyen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the input and comments everyone!

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@Tnguyen 

Not true - The point system does definitely offer benefits but obviously not as good as the old reward system.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tnguyen wrote:

Can't seem to find any answers out here yet, but has anyone who signed up with PM after Jan 25th tried opting out from the new public point system? Do you get converted back to the old public reward system at all or do you just lose all privileges and your account has basically no benefits?

Yes I did and now regret it - it was totally my bad for not reading the fine print. I did contact PM's Jade and will cut and paste the response in part.

Ticket Topic: I may be able to save you some time if your request is to revert back to the old Rewards problem. Once a customer has opted into Points, their account can't be switched back to old rewards. Which is why we implimented a 2 step sequance to confirm joining Points.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Opting out from new Points system will remove you from any rewards collection.

New users have no choice but to be on Points

Old users if switch to Points cannot go back.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Tnguyen 

Once you're in, you're IN

Once you're out, you're OUT.   No going back.

Decide diligently.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tnguyen wrote:

@Tnguyen  - apparently you opt out and you get neither of the rewards, why Public Mobile then? Silly really.

If you want to hear from Public Mobile themselves they say to contact them at the bottom of this help article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-FAQs

It give a link to submit a ticket at the VERY BOTTOM, "contact us here".

esjliv_0-1645614850517.png

Now, if you don't want opt out for real, be sure you are mentioning you are just inquiring.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Once you opt out you're out forever. It's in the small print....of which the terms and conditions are posted somewhere near the beginning of the long points program thread....or the error email thread. I can't remember which one....?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tnguyen 

From what I understand if you joined PM after January 25, you are automatically entered in the Points system. For members joined before January 25, you have an option to change from the Rewards system to the Points system but once you joined, you can’t switch back.

So I doubt if you can switch from the Points system to the Rewards system after January 25. I am sure that the program is setup so that new members are entered into the Points system and old members are grandfathered.

Good question for a CS_Agent to answer but keep us posted.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tnguyen 

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.