cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ontario Public Mobile not getting any service in Manitoba

athukral77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Team - I have Public mobile working fine in Toronto. I am on business travel in Manitoba and found no service in Manitoba. I have reset/rebotted and done all good stuff but still do not get any network service.

Pubilc Mobile Coverage says it is well covered in Manitoba. Can some suggest what is causing is service outage for me ? 

Thanks,

AT

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@athukral77 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here, check it out is enough Towers in your area...

Check the service outages for your Service Status...

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

it could be because of the phone here.

Telus doesn't have 3G B5 (850 MHz) there now.  Phone calls on PM must use 3G B2 (1900 MHz).   If OP's phone is a non American version, OP could be out of coverage for Telus 3G in the area.  

But of course, we need more info from OP.

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@athukral77 I'm with PM in Manitoba and know for sure that PM works in Winnipeg and Brandon.  It should be working for you, I would try turning phone off for 1 min and then reboot, putting to airplane mode for a few mins and go back to regulaar mode, remove sim card for a few mins and reinsert it, reboot the phone...last resort a network reset.  I hope you get it working for you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@athukral77 

You shouldn't have no service in Manitoba. Even with reduced 3G network service in Brandon and Winnipeg most pm customers have not noticed much of difference with their voice calls except inside usually in basements or large concrete buildings.

Have you tried toggling airplane mode on/off? A network reset?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

What kind of phone do you have?

Are you getting data in Manitoba?  

PM and Telus has limited voice coverage in Manitoba for Voice on 3G, this could be the reason why you are not calling voice calls and unable to make voice calls

"Public Mobile here. As of March 16, 2021, our Prepaid network in Manitoba will be changing and select areas of Winnipeg and Brandon may experience reduced voice coverage. Data speeds will remain unaffected. In order to maintain the best voice coverage after March 16, 2021, changes will need to be made to your account. For more information, please call us at 1-866-975-3058. Free Public Mobile Msg"

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Manitoba-Pr...

At the moment, since PM is ONLY using 3G for voice , there is nothing you can do.

You can try to download some VoIP app like TextNow for voice calls while you are there.

(your phone should be able to have data on LTE without issue.  If not, let us know the model and brand of your phone) 

Long term, if PM introduces VoLTE, then this issue could be resolved.  But there is no firm date for VoLTE on PM for now

Need Help? Let's chat.