cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting .10-.22Mbps download speeds in US last couple days on CAN/US plan

CD7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hopefully there's help for this? New plan member of a 5G CAN/US plan.  But my phone only does to 4G.

Started plan early March. In Canada was working ok. Did some speed tests and though not as fast on 4G as Rogers I had. But ok.

Now down south and it's automatically connecting to T-Mobile and I'm getting 3of4 bars I have roaming on. Txt and phone works no problem but data is near non-existent for the most part. Once in awhile it will work ok for emails and some social media.... 

How can I fix?? 

4 REPLIES 4

@CD7 wrote:

Just did a map check at the coverage anywhere in the area I'm in or have been has full coverage so not sure why such slow speed in the one area? Tested again right now and got .1Mbps?

I am suspecting that speeds on roaming network are beyond Public Mobile's control.  Unfortunatley, T-Mobile has never been known to have a rebust of a network compared to some other carriers.

CD7

Just did a map check at the coverage anywhere in the area I'm in or have been has full coverage so not sure why such slow speed in the one area? Tested again right now and got .1Mbps?

CD7

Hi Dunkman, thanks for responding. Manually connected to at&t but end up with no data warning. Went back into auto and it linked up to T-Mobile again and roaming is on. Speed test same....

So ended up going for a drive 30min down the road for a dinner (on vacation in US right now) and I did a speed test there. Got 53Mbps down 6.5Mbps up! Is T-Mobile coverage that spotty and maybe I'm in a dead area? I'll have to check map coverage too

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@CD7 

Maybe try to manually connect to AT&T, the other US partner carrier. 

Might want to try a network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi passwords). 

Edit: Also make sure data roaming is turned on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.