cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oneplus 3/T, 4.0.2 just released ...

apearse
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you were one of the people affected by the 4.x release at the end of year end and had to recreate your PM APN, they released 4.0.1 to fix that. Today I noticed they have released 4.0.2. Just a heads up if you are a Oneplus 3/T owner. Be sure to double check your APN after upgrading.

Official 4.0.2 thread 4.0.2 release notes

10 REPLIES 10

apearse

Nothing more to add that others haven't already answered. PM's APN settings were readded in 4.0.1, so if you have either 4.0.1 or 4.0.2, you are all set for PM.

The APN settings themselves can be found on various links but this one hosts one of the largest collections for various makes/models and carriers - https://apn-canada.gishan.net/net_15_public_mobile_internet_and_mms_settings.php

I believe you will find the PM community second to none, so hope you make the transition from Fido soon 🙂

damir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yep, Latest version here.

Thanks guys.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
as said, the OP3 and 3T work wonderfully on Public Mobile. I have been using the 3 since it came out last June and a coworker of mine uses the 3T, both on the Public Mobile network without issue.

Regarding APN, you probably won't need to enter it manually, it should set automatically as long as you are not on OxygenOS 4.0.0. If you are then I recommend you update to 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 first as they resolve the APN issue that plagued 4.0.0.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

gunter

Honestly, I love OnePlus 3 with Public Mobile. It works flawlessly, and you may not even have to get the APN yourself all times, sometimes it's already there. 

The APN settings are

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/net_15_public_mobile_internet_and_mms_settings.php

damir

How is OnePlus 3 with Public Mobile?

Also, where can i find APN settings for Public Mobile?

(I am thinking of switching from Fido)

Thanks

gunter

For me, the original update to Nougat erased by APN settings, and once I re-applied them I had data again, but thanks for the heads up!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I see that they are at least a lot more proactive then freaking Samsung, or even Google for updates

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vickel yep, myself included 🙂  (OP3)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the heads up. I think there are a bunch of users with the phone.

apearse

Guess I should add that I found no APN changes, everything worked as intended, your mileage may vary 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.