cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On CA-US plan, question on the international long distance while in US

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On CA-US plan, will the international long distance to non-CA/US numbers work while in US?

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

No. The Canada/US plan only includes calls to/ Canada and the US while in the US. International long distance add-ons are incompatible while in the US.

It's similar at Telus too. Their Canada/US plans only include calling to Canada and the US while in the US. Calls to any other country incur roaming charges of $1.60/minute (at Telus; with PM it just doesn't work).

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For the 300 International Long Distance Minutes add-on the fine print states explicitly that "Calls must originate from Canada". 

No such text for any of the other add-ons, but I would not rely on being able to make a call to anywhere other than the US or Canada while out of Canada.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Probably not, but only 1 way to be certain... when you get there try it

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@VK wrote:

On CA-US plan, will the international long distance to non-CA/US numbers work while in US?

@VK Not often do I see a question that hasn't come up (or is at least new to me). I think you should contact customer service at the link below. Someone may pipe up in the meantime with current experiences.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@VK  That’s a good question . But it’s my believe the long distance mins are just for making from Canada to abroad 

Need Help? Let's chat.