cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oma help

jessicacorrina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a huge pickle.

My Oma had to get her credit card changed.

In the meantime her cell phone stopped working because it needed her new credit card.

So, we try to get into her account.

It sends a verification to her email.

So we go to her email - but her email asks for 2 step verification which includes a SMS to her phone (which doesn’t work!)

So now we can’t get into her email OR into her cell number!

I just need someone who can help us update her credit card info into her account. 

She has a community account already but doesn’t remember the code into it. 

It’s a huge pickle and all that needs to be done is her credit card updated into the account. 

Then we can unravel the rest!

Jessica

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jessicacorrina  Have been in this exact situation myself. In the end gave up and changed the username/email to one that I could manage directly. 🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dust2dust wrote:

You can buy a voucher and use 611 or 1-855-4pu-blic to enter it. That will automatically reactivate the account. Or use real time payments. Then you can use the SMS option to regain access to the account and change the card.

Adding - or as I recently learned, you can use the chatbot. Log in as you would the account and you can enter the voucher here.

This is a good idea. You may even be able to dial 611 from the affected Public Mobile phone. You don't need an account PIN to apply a payment voucher to the account via 611 either. (I did this myself a few weeks ago)

You can buy Public Mobile payment vouchers from many gas stations like Shell, Husky, Esso, Petro Canada and other stores like Shoppers Drug Mart, Canadian Tire, 7-Eleven, Walmart.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

While you are waiting for agent to assist you, get PM voucher and load it through calling 611 or 1-855-478-2542 from another phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can buy a voucher and use 611 or 1-855-4pu-blic to enter it. That will automatically reactivate the account. Or use real time payments. Then you can use the SMS option to regain access to the account and change the card.

Adding - or as I recently learned, you can use the chatbot. Log in as you would the account and you can enter the voucher here.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@jessicacorrina 

use browser from computer,/clear cache/cookies/use one page inPrivate mode,

or safari on private mode, To Login Page  

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything, just wait about a 3 second will automatically be login,,

and go to payment,,, manage payment method and update card information and save payment.

if not getting verification code by email or SMS, tried to rebooting device.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jessicacorrina 

hi if that won't work for you you need to contact a customer service agent they will help reset your account and they can also help update cc if need be 

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.