cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older iPhone users recently porting over to PM and unable to send photos

mc_hammered
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on a Koodo 4G LTE plan and my iphone7 worked fine and jumped back to PM to take advantage of a promo plan.

The port was seamless, however, the only issue I had was being unable to send/receive photos.

Koodo & PM are both Telus so I was confused with this issue.

I checked the APN, reset the phone a few times, turned MMS on and off... but the problem persisted. I waited 48 hours to give it time for everything on the back end to settle down, but still have the problem.

Only thing I didn't try was to update the iOS.

I just updated the phone to iOS 15.8.2 and the photo sending issue is resolved.

Just wanted to share this as I wouldn't have guessed that an iOS update would solve the issue, as I thought "Koodo is Telus, PM is Telus... it worked fine before I ported, so why doesn't it work now on the same network?!?"

1 REPLY 1

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I'm glad you figured it out! I think that eventually though Koodo or Telus would have probably have the same issue. Not everyone upgrades at the same time.

As of the last 2 or so years I am finding that when Apps don't work, the most common reason is due to not updating to latest versions or systems. 

Adding, I personally don't like to update my apps, but I find that yeah eventually, I get stuck. I'm forced to😕...

Need Help? Let's chat.