Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old system vs Public points

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey everyone, 
I was talking to a friend, who told me about PM & I ported from Fido to PM 
He mentioned that he gets discounts (dollar points) every month due to the older system of dollar discounts vs the new system where you have to add it to a discount on a certain bill. It is a bit confusing as I have not used this for a long time. It would be great if someone could elaborate on it from here. Thanks : ) 

<Difference between older system vs public points system>

6 REPLIES 6

Shubh2023

Oh hey

Thanks for all the inputs. I got you! So, there are some which can be beneficial, but I guess the point where you mentioned, about getting back for $ spent + add-ons, when do you get those back & reflected in the account? 

Shubh2023

Yeah I saw that too, I was going through the help page & it is the same - older points system exceeds the newer one, for sure! 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 

No reason to dwell on the old system since unavailable to you as a new customer. I wouldn't recommend anyone switch to the points program but the advantages over $$ rewards are:

1. Discounted add ons.  You can save between 25% and 50% by redeeming points for add ons.
  2. Get back 5% in points on all purchases of plans and add ons (and 2× or 3× points if you happen to have activated during these promotions).  You earn the same amount or more points on plans priced $40+ vs the $2 autopay reward.
  3. There is no delayed anniversary points from suspending more than 60 days (to 88/89 days accounts are cancelled and deactivated at 90 days without paid services. Annivesary points are awarded on your yearly anniversary regardless of having active service or not.
  4. $15 bill credits can be redeemed to reactivate services when suspended.
  5. Refer a friend and community points (give back points) are earned at equal value to $$ rewards.

@softech 

You would have to luck out to get the lucky draw. Unless something has changed very recently there has not been a lucky draw since April 30th 2023.

Shubh2023

Well,
Cons are more than the Pros lol
I guess that is why he was mentioning that the new system sucks : (
His older system gives him quite good benefits, the newer one is alright but, does not help much, even in the long run

10% back compared to the older legacy method is so weird haha
But, thanks for all the info : )

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 

All new members will automatically be on the Points system where you will receive 5% in points based on your monthly bill, 1 point/referral, 1 point/year. Once you have 15 points, you can redeem for $15 credit on your next bill.

If you are an old member (around 1 year ago), you are on the old rewards system where you will receive $2 credit on AutoPay plus $1 credit/referral, $1 credit/year with PM.

The old Legecy Reward is a lot better.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shubh2023 

if you just joined PM, there is no way to get back into the legacy rewards system.  But just FYI, here are the comparisons

The old one is MUCH betrer

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more Loyalty reward, so no more $1/month up to $5/month.  Instead, they only give $10 every year on the anniversary. 
    So, for someone with PM between 13th to 24th months:
               old reward program will get $12 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    So, for someone with PM between 25th to 36th months:
               old reward program will get $24 on that year compare with $10 on the new system 
    for someone with  PM between 61th and 72th month (and same after this point)
                 old reward program will get   $60/year compare with $10/year on the new system 
  3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone

Need Help? Let's chat.