cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old rewards to new points?

bruceal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CS said i have to change to the points system to rederm my legacy rewards. They directed me to this forum re: will the points transfer (nice work, CS🤦). So what’s the actual deal? Do I HAVE to transfer to the new points system? Will my legacy rewards go well me?      Thanks. 

31 REPLIES 31

AliFooFoo

I just upgraded my plan and I was still able to retain my old rewards.  It even appears as though my past rewards were applied towards this month's fees and my future rewards will be applied to subsequent monthly bills. 

@bruceal wrote:

They said i had to leave the legacy rewards and join the points. I’m still on legacy so get the $ 2 off my ($15) bill. Would rather have the random $40 rewards account has accrued (from where? No idea) to buy add-ons.  

With points, add-ons are offered at a discount but that's meaningless when you will get rewarded less on points.

bruceal

Totally right. Although I, too, have forum aversion ... and I guess a "huzzah" goes to the agent who half-heartedly directed me here. I'll start here next time.

Y'all have been super-helpful. 🍻

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is why I keep reminding regulars here that the asking of one agent one time does not always result in the truth. It's good that you came here. Some customers don't. They seem to have an aversion to a forum like this or something. Then they get told the wrong info by support. Then maybe at last they come here to rant that everything went wrong when they tried to follow what support said. Well yeah. You should have come here first. Or question the replies by coming here as you did.

Come here also so that we can help narrow down the right approach to ask support. Some things can only be done by support. But the true problem needs to be described. And being pre-armed with the expected outcome.

@bruceal wrote:

The first agent, leonardo, didn’t closely read my message an responded with how to redeem on irrent  points. The second agent Alex (who received my screenshots) sent me to a useless article and then to this forum. 

Oye vey @bruceal 

bruceal

The first agent, leonardo, didn’t closely read my message an responded with how to redeem on irrent  points. The second agent Alex (who received my screenshots) sent me to a useless article and then to this forum. 

bruceal

My people aren't phone people or use whatsapp (my vm directs folks there). Agreed re: not wanting to go app-app but the rest of the planet (I'm mostly outside of Canada even though it's my government address) uses whatsapp on android. I pay maybe $6 a month for Hushed and it's worth it so I can sign into my finance accounts that use 2FA. I'd heard finance institutions won't use voip, but I get my verifications thru hushed (an American number) no problem.

So, yes, the phone shows all my incoming/outgoing calls and which platform. Can't confirm if the one's on my PM account rang through. I didn't call the #'s back cause if they're spam/scam it puts your # on a list of active #s that gets sold around to others. Yuck.

@bruceal wrote:

They said i had to leave the legacy rewards and join the points. I’m still on legacy so get the $ 2 off my ($15) bill. Would rather have the random $40 rewards account has accrued (from where? No idea) to buy add-ons.  

Uh, yes PM can be chaotic @bruceal

Can I ask what CSA agent said "had to leave the legacy rewards and join the points", what else did they say?

Or, did you word it to them that you wanted to redeem your rewards towards addons, and then they said that? Because I could kind of understand that scenario.

Adding, if you have an Available Balance showing, is that what you were asking CSA if you could use up for addons? Because yes, you can do that.

I prefer not to use an app that needs the same app at the other end. But one can do a lot with a voip app. It will call and text any phone that it can call and that can receive it. A problem with one of them is that 2fa codes don't come through unless you pay them.

So you're saying you see a record of the attempt to call you but that it didn't ring through? And did you try calling your number somehow else?

bruceal

My Primary line (the Public Mobile line) is separated in the list of incoming calls. Any WhatsApp or Hushed calls are noted as such on my iPhone calls list. I don't think it's reliable enough to depend on, just anomalous. My voicemail directs folks to whatsapp (in my one-person campaign to convert North America to WhatsApp 🌝). So maybe it's just registering calls to my PM line but not ringing them thru. iPhone 12.

Very interesting. Something I'll have to try when I get back to the states.

The messy part is keeping cell talk and text service apart in your head from internet talk and text service. And internet can be either cell data or wifi. ?

bruceal

I've been here since May 28. Most recent call was Thursday from some rando in upstate NY. Looks like most of the one's coming through are from the U.S., so maybe it has something to do with geography (altho I got one from a 647# on Friday: but that could've been spoofed). I still haven't sorted out using the phone beyond whatsapp and an american incoming# for 2fa. My comms are a mess ☎️

Was that on the first day or so upon arriving? Or are you still getting these calls? It's been a while but there's a remote chance that I was able to do calls initially upon entering the states without an add-on. Just a possible memory that may be wrong.

If you have other service then try calling your PM number. Or get a friend to call it from Canada.

bruceal

@dust2dust I do get (what I think are Canadian spam calls) on my PM line. I can't dial out on it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

By the way, it should not be possible for you to receive calls on your Public sim in the states. Receiving texts yes. But not calls. Are you really getting calls?

bruceal

Hi, I have an esim for whatsapp and data, so just wanted to burn off rewards for add-ons.  Anyway y'all are smart: something wasn't right: when I looked again at the screenshots (that I also sent CS), it said I had saved $41 not that it was available to spend.

So, thanks y'all for doing CS's work for them.

And I won't be switching to the new scheme as much out of spite as anything else cause they were clearly just trying to get me off the old system.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bruceal  You can change plans and keep your old rewards . Old rewards get applied every 30 days only points need to be redeemed . So unless you switch to points system by accident . I just changed to the 20GB $39 plan and kept my old legacy rewards check it out 

Handy1_0-1687713748575.png

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bruceal If you're in the states for 6 months at a time, it doesn't really make sense to buy the US addon.  It would get pretty expensive.  You can keep the number on the lowest plan to keep you number and buy a local prepaid plan in the US.  Maybe call back once in a while to check voicemail and change your greeting to ask people to contact you at the US number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bruceal 

I agree with @dust2dust 

Something is not making sense with either what we’re reading or what you’ve been advised.

Do not switch to the public points program, unless you want to receive overall less benefit by way of a reward system.

Can you take a screenshot of your account page which shows this $40 value you write of?

Hide personal information, of course.

bruceal

I’m on lowest account. Can still re eive some incoming calls and texts in US without add-on. PM is so chaotic. 

bruceal

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Something's not making sense. If you go to the payments screen what are you seeing for your next "bill"? Maybe screen shots would be useful. There's account balance and then there's rewards that would get added to the account balance at renewal.

If you have $40 in credits, and it’s resting in your “available funds”, it’s like a bank account which will be used for future services or add-ons.

You don’t do anything with it until it’s needed.

It’s also nonrefundable as a payment to you.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you switch progams, you'll accumulate points and you'll have to manually redeem them for catalog items.  The old system will be automatic and reduce yourbill.  How did you get $40 in rewards?  That $40 should be applied against your current bill.

bruceal

But yhey don’t i guess🤷 cause I’ve got a $40 credits that’s languishing in the legacy system. 

So have you suspended your account or switched down to the lowest monthly plan while there?

Or is the account active on auto pay and renews every 30 days?

bruceal

My bill is only reduced by 2$ per month (autopay) and ive got $40 in rewards. I’m in the states more than canada for at least 6 more (I only keep my PM account to preserve my long-time phone number while I’m away) 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bruceal 

Can you confirm what you mean by, “change to the points system to redeem my legacy rewards” ?

Did you by any chance switch to the public points program or at any time opt out of that program?

If you opted out – then the account can have no reward program at all. There’s no going back into the rewards once a user opts out.

hope you didn’t do that at least.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you are with OLD rewards program then rewards ($) are automatically applied to your account (credit).

If you switch to Points then you will have to manually convert points in blocks of 15 to $15.

I would not recommend switching to points Unless your calculation (plan cost, add-ons purchases) shows benefit (more $$$) converting to Points.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Don't switch! Jeez, what kind of line is that. You don't redeem legacy rewards per se. They get added to your account balance every 30 days automatically.

Need Help? Let's chat.