cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old rewards, 90 to 30 to 90 day plan

Nebster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not a question, just wanted to remind everyone that when you switch from 90 day to 30 day plan, you should expect to get x3 the rewards for the first month of the 30 day plan.

My example:

I switched from the 12GB 120$/90 day plan to 15GB 40$/30 day plan. Then I switched to the 60 GB 35$/90 plan. My rewards add up to 9$ per 30 days.

For my first switch (90 to 30 days) I only got 9$ on renewal. Then on my second switch (30 to 90 days) I noticed I only got 9$ as well, but 27$ showed up for upcoming payment.

I wouldn't have noticed the missing rewards if it weren't for switching back to a 90 day plan.

I was told that they look at the previous month, but it seemed like there is a glitch when switching from 90 to 30 days.

TLDR: contact Public Mobile as chances are you missed out on 2 months of rewards.

Good luck!

Edit to add: this was back in January 2023 before changes were made to how rewards are paid out.

6 REPLIES 6

Nebster

I found that they tried to turn it around on me saying I was only owed for one month of rewards. Here is the initial response:

Let me tell you, after checking your account information the reason why have received the full reward of your 90 days plan is because the rewards are applied upon renewal date, so the rewards you can currently see on your account are those related to the previous plan you had [...] (30 days subscription)

On your renewal day you will be able to see the rewards for the new 90 days subscription a total of $27.00

I had to point out to them that I was referring to my bill from January 2023 (When I switched from 90 to 30 days) rather than my bill from October 2023 (when I switched from 30 to 90 days) (even though I had previously given the exact renewal date before). And again, I  mentioned how rewards are based on the previous plan. Everything was smooth sailing from there 😄

I hope this helps!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

it's a cash grab... 🤣

if one does the math it favors PM in the long run. especially with customers with the old rewards system

elyes_kortas25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I honestly think that we should be getting a lot more rewards per month by renewing our subscription with public mobile because it is a little expensive and the points back can help reduce that amount.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nebster , this is exactly what happened to me back in January.  I did notice the missing rewards.  I asked support several times about the missing rewards and each time they pretty much told me to go pound sand.  

Nebster

Thanks! I edited my post as it seems at the time, PM wasn't paying rewards every 30 days.

@Nebster wrote:

Not a question, just wanted to remind everyone that when you switch from 90 day to 30 day plan, you should expect to get x3 the rewards for the first month of the 30 day plan.

My example:

I switched from the 12GB 120$/90 day plan to 15GB 40$/30 day plan. Then I switched to the 60 GB 35$/90 plan. My rewards add up to 9$ per 30 days.

For my first switch (90 to 30 days) I only got 9$ on renewal. Then on my second switch (30 to 90 days) I noticed I only got 9$ as well, but 27$ showed up for upcoming payment.

I wouldn't have noticed the missing rewards if it weren't for switching back to a 90 day plan.

I was told that they look at the previous month, but it seemed like there is a glitch when switching from 90 to 30 days.

TLDR: contact Public Mobile as chances are you missed out on 2 months of rewards.

This is no longer how the rewards system works when it comes to payout.  With the exception of the the autopay reawrds, changing from a 30 day to 90 day plan or from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan will not make any difference relating to rewards.  Rewards for loyalty and refer-a-friend are paid every 30 days regardless of the length of plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.