cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old dollar discount rewards VS points

PubUser24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There's a lot of mixed messages about this, so I would appreciate some clarification.

I've been with PM for years. My $34 plan has a monthly dollar discount of $8 and costs me $26. 

If I switch to a $34 dollar plan today that has points rewards, will I still pay $26 or will I pay $34?

I know that the points can be accrued and redeemed, but I'm curious about my monthly cost.

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@PubUser24 wrote:

There's a lot of mixed messages about this, so I would appreciate some clarification.

I've been with PM for years. My $34 plan has a monthly dollar discount of $8 and costs me $26. 

If I switch to a $34 dollar plan today that has points rewards, will I still pay $26 or will I pay $34?

I know that the points can be accrued and redeemed, but I'm curious about my monthly cost.

So, if you switch to the points system your monthly cost would go up to $34+tax.  You still earn points for your referrals, instead of $2 for autopay you get 5% of your plan price in points (34*.05=1.7) and for loyalty instead of $1 for every year with PM upto a max of $5 per month, you would get 10 points on your anniversary ( if you have been here 5 years that alone is a $50 difference).  You need to accumulate 15 points before they can be converted to $$.  When PM has put on some contest give aways the only way to enter is to use points to enter the draw.

Edited to Add:  I forgot to add that any community reward you currently earn in $$ would be the same but in points.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Mixed messages? Where? This question gets asked 6x a day in this very forum, and the answer is always the same.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

You will still pay $26 @PubUser24 

And if you choose to switch to public points, you will save less money and public mobile will make more. 

That, i guarantee you; so please remain in the legacy rewards program. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@PubUser24  Changing plan does not switch you from the old rewards system to the points system. You would have to deliberately change it separately and most people say don't change because the old system is better.

Need Help? Let's chat.