cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old community account - Brettster99

Brettster9902
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is so **bleep** frustrating.

This is my second account I needed to make for this problem. I had everything correct.

I used the same email as I have always used. When they asked to confirm to link my two accounts and make my (new) account into annoymous I said yes as I wanted my old account. Now when I try to login it says authetication failed and I cannot even submit a ticket for help from that email.

I had to make a whole new community account with a new email just to post this. So **bleep** frustrating @J_PM why is this happening? It's almost as if you are trying to get me to leave PM so you don't have to give out the legacy rewards and this whole transition was bungled. Obivously this was meant to make people leave PM so you could give out the less valuable crappy points reward system. So frustrated @softech not even sure what I am supposed to do now, knowing this account has another email attached to nothing. AHHHHHHH

15 REPLIES 15

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902   I was thinking the name was familiar and can totally sympathize as I went through losing my community account after PM rolled out this very frustrating "Eversafe" login along many others, of course.

I've also found (to this day), that logging into self serve account first will not bring me to my community account if selecting community from the overview page.  However, if I login to my community account first, then I can access the self serve without another login being required and can access the community account from the overview page.   So I try to login into community account first unless I don't have time/plan to look through the posts and just want to make sure everything is good in the self serve account, of course.

Brettster9902

Tried on mom’s phone. Still same problem 

IMG_3439.png

@Brettster9902 possible, and try using another browser or even another device.  

Brettster9902

The thing is @softech is I reset the password in incognito. Not though the regular browser. And it’s still doing it. Maybe I need to wait for the password change for an hour but this has been very disappointing 

@Brettster9902

Should be just browser cache problem.  First, wait an hour

then only use Incognito mode to reset password and login My Account and it should work 

Brettster9902

Agent told be to reset password. Did that. Still saying authentication unsuccessful. Even after getting the Otp and putting it in successfully 

Brettster9902

Responded to CS agent Alex. Of course needs to validate my account first since it’s not associated but hopefully this time it works 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brettster9902 I totally understand the frustrations.  We have all had to deal with glitchy systems from all organizations, but once things are resolved here you should experience consistency and normalcy like most subscribers.  Hang in there!  Keep us posted how your latest ticket turns out

Brettster9902

I tried both the phone app and laptop. Both normal browsing and private / incognito browsing. 

Also tried on wifi and cell data. Even a new Esim, from lucky mobile and try it that way. Nothing worked. So frustrating 

Brettster9902

Hopefully, just so frustrating this is the second time

Brettster9902

Yeah true, so thanks for that last time for a senior supervisor. At this point I also asking for compensation of some kind. Probably say no but it does not hurt to ask right? Since this is my SECOND time to request linking and it failing and not even able to submit ticket with my community account and having to make a whole new account with a new email even just to do this

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902 

The CS_Agent should be able to change the your Community user name and accessing your account but you will find that the website is a little slower in downloading your account than on the app. I find once I am login to my app, it will automatically download my account on my trusted device and home wifi. It won’t download my account on the app if I use public wifi. Data is hit or miss for downloading. The help me with mine about a year ago.

Just pm them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Brettster9902 - quite frustrating. Many customers have gone through the same problem. And I am sure many more are still going through it and not even realizing the issue. It is very unfortunate that Public Mobile set this up this way.

Please follow other posts advice and submit a ticket to CSA to help. But, I will tell you not all agents may know how to fix it exactly. If you are struggling with answers or still having issues, as for a senior supervisor to fix your links to your My Accounts and Community.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, this was a big problem when Eversafe was first implemented.  You can contact CS_agent and they can merge your two accounts if you want so you have the status from your first account if that matters to you.  You can reach out to them here, 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Brettster9902 , please use the link below to reach out to support.  A CSA should be able to fix the account association problem for you.  I had the same issue when eversafe was rolled out, resolution was straightforward.  

Need Help? Let's chat.