cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Plan Picker?

peterfromottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey community,

Does anybody know what happened to/how to access the OLD plan picker that was on the Self Serve? The one where there were columns: term length, voice, text, data and you could mix and match to pick your own plan. How do we access this again? I downgraded my 90-day plan to 9GB but it's insufficient and I want to go back up to 12GB LTE. Not seeing this option anywhere. In fact, the "premixed plans" in the current Plan Picker are *super* disappointing.

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 12.50.40 PM.png

Clicking "Try more options" just scrolls to the top of these awful premixed plans. 

So simple question: how do we get the old plan picker back? 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Also: BOOOOOO Smiley Sad

source

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks for accepting my answer as the solution @peterfromottawa . I'm glad that we could help you. Have a great week .

peterfromottawa

Throttled speed is awful. It's 2020. The option to have LTE on plans has existed for the few years I've been with PM. So to remove that option stinks, IMO. 

peterfromottawa

I just wanted to bump my alotted LTE data up from 9GB to 12GB. Super disappointed that Public has retired the feature/option. It was so great to mix and match my plan depending on anticipated 90-day needs. 

Not interested in trying to switch to one of these other plans becuase I've got a pile of built-in rewards on my account + LTE and a good 90-day rate. 

If any mods from PublicMobile are reading this - please note my request to have the 'old school' plan picker brought back. It was easy to use and very convenient. 

@gblackma wrote:

You are welcome @peterfromottawa . Lol. Have you thought of that fat $10 credit on the $40 under the Current Lunar promotion? 

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Thanks for the response. That's what I feared. 

Very disappointing. 

@gblackma 

That promo is for new activations only, though. The OP might have loyalty and referral rewards attached to their account which might be worth more than $80 over 8 months (plus giving up your number or the additional cost and hassle of porting out and back in). If they are doing a plan change from their current plan to the $40/5GB/30days they get to keep the rewards, if they open a new account they loose any loyalty and referral rewards.

You are welcome @peterfromottawa . Lol. Have you thought of that fat $10 credit on the $40 under the Current Lunar promotion? 

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Very disappointing. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That option is no longer available along with the 90 day plans. You could move to another carrier if you need more data or just hold on to your current plan.

peterfromottawa

Very disappointing. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa You cannot , it retired🤐. The plan you highlighted is basically that plan but with an extra 1.5 gigs  and  3g and throttled 4g speed depending upon the area..

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Hey community,

Does anybody know what happened to/how to access the OLD plan picker that was on the Self Serve? The one where there were columns: term length, voice, text, data and you could mix and match to pick your own plan. How do we access this again? I downgraded my 90-day plan to 9GB but it's insufficient and I want to go back up to 12GB LTE. Not seeing this option anywhere. In fact, the "premixed plans" in the current Plan Picker are *super* disappointing.

Clicking "Try more options" just scrolls to the top of these awful premixed plans. 

Thanks!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The build a plan option was removed in the fall.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@peterfromottawa wrote:

Hey community,

Thanks!

The plan builder has been decommissioned a couple of months ago, and 90day plans are discontinued. You cannot get your 12G/90days plan back.

"Awful"??

The only "downside" of the new plans is the throttled speed, still delivered on LTE, which is totally adequate for everyday use, including e-mail, social media, music and some YouTube streaming. If you are playing games, watch HD movies or download huge files often you might notice a slight difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.